7.3 Knocking Badly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you get the DT? What Allison tranny comes with it. If it is a AT545, it may be a bit wimpy for your rig. If the spicer is a #2 bellhousing, I'd keep that behind the DT466.

Heath

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
pita???? or did you mean puta:dunno lol

PITA = PAIN IN THE ARSS!

Heath, no wimpy 545 here! MT643;Sweet I have a good buddy that was an Alli tech in his past life, so he has all the manuals and knowledge. My bud tells me that I should have no problem doing an over haul on the 545 or the 643 since I have rebuilt the Chrysler auto in my 02 so many times.

I am going to get the 466/643 tomorrow:D

Exekiel69

Reaction score
How come so many peoples engines let go like this one, not being abused or anything, just turning 2500 rpm, i have turned mine 4400 a bunch and never done a single thing to it

Don't worry, keep at it and it will come.LOL

Exekiel69

Reaction score
It gets its share of abuse! You must keep in mind that this truck sees 25 - 34,000 lbs on a daily basis, and makes far more torque than your N/A 6.9.
I think this is a lesson for anyone that wants to build a powerful IDI for heavy hauling. Use TURBO RODS!!!
Any of yall need some IDI parts? I also have a SPICER 5spd with a nearly new $600 Eaton Road Ranger clutch.

Does that spicer have OD?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it's not a AT545. The MT643 will certainly be a good option for your rig.

Be sure and take some photos of the new DT for us to drool over.-Drool

Heath

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
DT is in and I have most all the goodies to make it all come to life. I have been taking lots of pictures and will post em at a later time.
I almost never do this but I have to inform other users about a local business. I have been working with Arts Auto Parts in Houston, TX. Art jr. has gone above and beyond for me with advice and killer deals on parts. Art has a huge stock of used parts for all makes and models of medium duty and some light duty trucks. If you are in the Houston area and need anything medium duty related you have got to pay a visit to Art.

Last edited:

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
She lives! I hauled 5 loads of dirt today without a bit of trouble! I am loving the Allison;Sweet Nothin like setting her on the floor and letting the truck do the rest:D I will try to post the pictures and some video soon.

THECACKLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Art's Rocks. Just a tad on the high side but Ace Number One in Quality & Service.
So did you get that DT466 from the guys up near the Airport?

1320Cummins

Pro Parts Thrasher
Reaction score
Yeah, Art's Rocks. Just a tad on the high side but Ace Number One in Quality & Service.
So did you get that DT466 from the guys up near the Airport?

I did, and was very nervous about it at first but she works like a champ.
My dad met me up there with his service truck and we fired her on the ground. We checked for oil pressure, smoke and did the smell test on the ATF. All tests passed so I asked how much, he replied with $1800, I told him $1500, he said ok and we loaded up and were gone.
I was having a bit of trouble with the motor when I got it home and after lots of testing I decided I had to pull the head.:puke: When I pulled the intake I found a rag stuffed into the 4&5 intake ports:eek: Removed debris, put the head back together, and she ran like a champ.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome to hear you've got it done and in!!! Can't wait for photos and maybe a video. I'd really like to hear that DT running. I'm so green with envy. I wish my DT project was anywhere close to being done.

Heath

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Staff online