7.3 idi engine shudder/miss

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I will have to keep my eye out for that. If it's in stock near when my oil change is due I might give it a shot. I couldn't find in the data sheet or Wally listing any reference to its group number, just that it's using hydrocracked base oils. Does this mean it is group III as above?

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I will have to keep my eye out for that. If it's in stock near when my oil change is due I might give it a shot. I couldn't find in the data sheet or Wally listing any reference to its group number, just that it's using hydrocracked base oils. Does this mean it is group III as above?

yes its hydrocracked base oils but it has a very good additive package and its NOACK volatility is very impressive the UOA I have been doing every 10k miles with this oil and a cheap motorcraft FL1995 has been very impressive far above rotella and delo and even the mobil delvac and is actually cheaper and you get alot more for the money so yes I am very impressed with it I am running it in 5 trucks towing quite alot and pretty heavy with old IDI trucks and been doing UOA on every oil change and well its impressive doing better than even the before mentioned oil manufactures synthetic version.

I was very leary about trying any of the unknown oils but upon a friend of mines advice a professional diesel engine builder he pointed me to this oil and said its crazy good oil then he said and is cheap to boot I said you sure he said yes and even said if caused a problem he would repair the issue for parts cost I said why not and well over a year later I love this oil.

Last edited:

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, I looked up the company and it's definitely a large, legit outfit. Its parent company is the largest oil/gas company in the world and the second largest company by revenue overall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent