7.3 Fuel Filter Drain

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Some of our members have had issues with this valve leaking thru. Then the fuel drains out of the filter and you end up with hard starts till enough fuel in pumped back into the filter. This is a close up look at what you are dealing with. I'm not posting this so someone will buy it. Thats not the idea of this post. It for demonstration only. Now everyone can see whats at the bottom of their filters that leaks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Genuine...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1b10e465&vxp=mtr

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to keep an eye on mine after I get my new return lines on, just to make sure. Good to know those are available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tossed mine and now use a fuel filter with the drain built in. Racor I think. That's a lot of dinero for a couple pieces of brass.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Napa filter with integrated drain is cheaper than those drain parts.

At my local Napa, it's also cheaper than the filter element which uses the stock bowl.

The whole design with the stock bowl is poop. Heh, I wrote ***** the first time. How appropriate.

BDOGONE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Sent by wing, prayer & ATT

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is cool you can still buy those but pricey.another option is the clear bowl w/drain for about the same $ too.
parker #21057

attachment.php

vandy7.3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I got one of those wix filters with the drain built in sitting on the shelf, but I heard it wasn't a good idea to run them. Not real sure why but I have one sitting there so I thought about trying it to see

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that clear one is pretty neat. get to see all the crap coming up out of the tank.