7.0 valves

DMcV

Reaction score
I will be the first to admit that I know very little about a diesel engine, but thankfully the members of this forum are knowledgable and forgiving :D

My question : do the valves on my 2000 F350 7.0 need to be adjusted from time to time?

I am (sort of) getting used to the clatter of the engine but when it is cold it is very noisy but calms down after it is warm.
It only has 57,500 miles on it and I don't have all the service records, I've only had the truck for 3 months and has been great so far.
I'm getting a tire wear problem on the left front, bearing & hub check out OK, so I'm going to get the alinment checked next....any ideas ?
Thanks
Dennis

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
The 7.3 Powerstroke diesel has hydraulic roller lifters that do not need adjusting. When a diesel is cold, the combustion sound is louder until things warm up inside the cylinder and combustion chamber. This is normal for all diesels, regardless of who makes them.
The Ford chassis, both van and pickup, have a tendency to chew up the tires. Keep your tire pressures up and watch your alignments.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online