600 Cummins high idle

Whit

Reaction score
I found the temp required to activate high idle 27*.............If the vehicle is in park(auto tranny) coolant below 200*, throttle at idle and no brake applied the Mighty Cummins will step up the idle to 1100 RPM . Only thing I cant figgure out is why it wont work when motor first started ??? anybody know???

Cheers, Kevin

Whit

Reaction score
Let me make it clear that this feature I am talking about is not the one requiring the TSB, the high idle I describe is built into the truck ( I believe 03 and up) Now the TSB(Technical service bullitin) high idle deal is the one that requires the TSB, my understanding on that one is that after the TSB you can have truck idling and put yer cruze on and then just hit resume/acc button and high idle comes on, so its more of a manual type high idle.

Cheers, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
OK, so the automatic version your talking about from what I read doesn't come on till after 2 minutes of idling. That's how it's setup, so it sounds like it's working as planned for you. I think the TSB version lets you control it at any time (in Park of course)

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I just took this quote out of that TDR thread:

"the high idle works as advertised in the owners manual, after two minutes if engine temp is cold it picks up to 1000 rpm"

admit it Kev, you chucked the owners manual the minute you got the truck home.;Sweet :peelout

eerrr at least that's what I usually do.:music: :fan:

Whit

Reaction score
Actually the thing high idled the other day when fueling and I was like :confused: yep, check manual:)

Cheers, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Maybe the thing senses the fuel temp and kicks up the idle for that.:confused:

Does the manual high idle work? :fart

yogibear

Reaction score
water/**** injection

Muddy, Whitmore, I got that oil analysis back, everything is fine. Water was 0-silicon 5-Soot 1.05- looks good! 20K on oil. 194K on trk.

Larry

MUDDY

Reaction score
larry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good to know. thnks for the info:thanks:

Whit

Reaction score
Re: water/**** injection

Originally posted by yogibear
Muddy, Whitmore, I got that oil analysis back, everything is fine. Water was 0-silicon 5-Soot 1.05- looks good! 20K on oil. 194K on trk.

Larry

Thanks fer the info Larry......water/**** may have hope after all.

Whit

Reaction score
OK, I thought I had this high idle figgered out but today the truck thru a curve at me, I took it out to fuel it up and let it idle at the station, temp was 37* so I figger it wont high idle cuz too warm outside so I put it in nutrual with e-brake on so the trans fluid could circulate, got out and started fueling it and in 2 minutes it went high idle:confused:

anybody know more details bout this :confused:

MUDDY

Reaction score
it not supposed to hi idle above 32* but mine does also. rarely. one time it fast idled at 37*. wind chill? air temps and coolant temps contribute. it nice it'll fast idle and have pacbrke on at same time really warm up nice. glad to see ya idle in nuetral to let the fluid circ properly

ya know kevin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if ya got a bullydog powerpup ya can download a fast idle adjustable program that ya control wit the cruz cntrl buttons. the 130 xtra rwhp is just a bonus :)

Last edited:

Whit

Reaction score
Originally posted by MUDDY

ya know kevin,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if ya got a bullydog powerpup ya can download a fast idle adjustable program that ya control wit the cruz cntrl buttons. the 130 xtra rwhp is just a bonus :) [/B]

Got the pwr pup but aint loaded the high idle yet, will get to it this weekend :cool

Cheers, Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online