600 Cummins air filter?

Whit

Reaction score
I was nosin around in the wifeys 04.5 the other day when she was gone, hehehehehe, I sure do see a restriction in the 4" tube from the filter to the compressor :eek: I was wonderin if the AFE progaurd 7 and a torque tube would be a good mod................I could do this while she is sleeping and she wouldnt know the difference

Cheers, Kevin

hheynow

the misanthrope
Reaction score
Kevin, I know nothing about the Cummins, but a very popular upgrade among the PSD crowd is the Tymar air filter. It replaces the restricted stock airbox setup with a 3" mandrel bent unrestricted pipe to the turbo and a big ass air filter. It makes a world of difference.

My setup ;Sweet

Attachments

• my tymar.jpg
    my tymar.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94

Whit

Reaction score
Heyynow, very close to what I have in mind, here is a pic of the filter and housing, the tube I am looking at is similer to yours.

By the way nice looking unit dude

Attachments

• 75-10631.jpg
    75-10631.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 97

lschultz

Reaction score
Cistern,Tx-2.3 miles outs of ofs highway in Fayett
Last time I heard you mention unit you were talking about your ****.LOL
Thats what I am going to put on mine for now all I have is a AFE drop in and a TAG. You hear a little more whine with the AFE. Send me some money and I will put it on mine and let you know how it works.:D

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
There were some posts on the TDR about how the torque tube wasn't very impressive. I tried doing a search on there, but SSL just upgraded the software this week and the search engine is still on the Schultz. Some have had good success with the Scotty III system which doesn't drill a huge hole in the fire wall as the old one did. Hey Kev, when ya gonna sneak down and do some bombing on my truck when I'm not around?

Whit

Reaction score
TIM, bring yer ride up here for one weekend, I will let you take my ride and you guys can go to Thermopolis for the weekend.......................when you come back on Sunday night I will have yer truck done fer ya .......................NO CHARGE DUDE

Cheers, Kevin

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevy,

Heres the home made version of the open element filter on my Stroke.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cost about 50 clams amd 30 minutes to make.

Mike

Whit

Reaction score
Lookin good Mike, I made some serious mods to my 01 and added Ram Air.............all this helped my EGT by 200*, I now have the AFE progaurd 7 instead of the BHAF in there

Attachments

• filter1.jpg
    filter1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 80

Whit

Reaction score
Schitzie..................same fer you pal, bring yer ride up here and I will run it thru the shop fer ya :eek: :eek: :eek: you will love the results

Cheers, Kevin

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whitmore
TIM, bring yer ride up here for one weekend, I will let you take my ride and you guys can go to Thermopolis for the weekend.......................when you come back on Sunday night I will have yer truck done fer ya .......................NO CHARGE DUDE

Cheers, Kevin

Wow, you'd let me drive yer rig? I don't think I could go to Thermop with Shitzy. He makes too many of his own bubbles in the hot tub.:fight: