6.9idi manual?

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay guys I'm buying another IDI parts truck and the guy says it's a 6.9 manual trans it's a brick nose so guessing it's a '87? Would that have a 4speed still or the 5speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i converted a crew cab into a 6 door without law issues.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always heard they came with a 4 spd until my cousin bought his.....a rare truck...a 87 ex cab 2wd 6.9 5spd with a 3:08 gears in the rear end. Wasn't much for pulling but fuel mileage was great.

Last edited:

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha yeah so if I was to take the parts truck (6.9) putting my 7.3 in it out of my current truck(single cab) and keeping the trans from the 6.9(crew cab) and doing body work would I be able to keep the title to the single cab and use it for the crew cab truck?

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only thing I could see a problem coming up if you used the truck to haul commercially, a state trooper might pull you over if he sees the license plate says single cab and it's a crew cab truck, you may have to pull your phone out to prove you swapped cabs via pictures otherwise he may want to inspect your truck.

If it was me I would have the clerk put a note on the registration that the vehicle has been modified to look like a crew cab or whatever(if you can), otherwise you may get pulled over alot for a possible stolen vehicle or swapped plates etc.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay but I'm asking like if I used more from the crew cab, like I only use the engine and wheels and front clip from the single cab would I still be able to use the title from the single cab to the crew cab?

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to go ask the Ohio dmv these questions. Every state is different.

In arkansas, you need to have the vin on the dash at the corner of the windshield match.

Just put your truck together then register the one that the cab is in use. I bet you need to register the crew cab.

No title? You might have to apply to get one.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The crew can has a lost title the guy is applying for one but the dmv said it could take months and I can't be out of a truck for months lol