6.9 Sidewinder testing

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I live for smiley faces...:D They really make the words come to life for me....

Abull78

More boost Mr. Scot
Reaction score
ok guys, i didnt get any video today as i was more concerned with getting everything working the best and seeing what works the best. Although a Gtech2 is not the most accurate for finding your acutal horsepower it is good for testing and seeing different ratings between set ups. So here is what I did today:

Sidewinder, no exhaust, no ram air, max fuel adjustment on DB2

Truck is 86 F250 4x4 t19 4.10 gears, 35" tires. I have about 350 pounds of crap in the bed during testing

best of 3 runs

0-60 10.9 seconds, i actually think i could get this lower with a boosted launch in 1st gear. i started this run in granny and then shifted to 1st

1/4mile 19.01 @ 71mph

with ram air and exhaust

0-60 10.2seconds

1/4 mile 18.4 @ 73mph

and then the best results were from putting the CDR back on see below:

0-60 9.1seconds

1/4 mile 17.2 @ 76mph

again this is a Gtech2 not the most accurate testing device but its atleast a reference point. At a calculate vehicles weight of 7000 pounds, horsepower was rated at 258. I feel the horsepower rating the G2 is giving might be a little high but I might be wrong. Next i will add 2 different IC's into the mix and see what that does.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Thats cool, Yea the Gtech2 might give you skewed numbers but when using the same the thing for every test you will get actual performance gains using that base line.

Good Work!

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
made a couple of shake down runs with the fuel turned up, it definitely feels like a solid power gain, not a barn burner for sure and the wastegate is opening up really early under WOT, I am gonna go pick up a valve to bypass the wastegate and see the difference in that.

boost valve Swap the supplied spring for a ball point pen springs works pretty good.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Your last quarter mile time is about the same as my quarter mile. Basically same setup, except ATS wategated turbo. Since then the pump has another half flat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent