6.9 not getting fuel to injectors.

BigBlockTony

Reaction score
You. Can use starting fluid without the glow system working

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Right now the truck will try to run with a wift ether. Sadly it's a C6 so I am stuck trying to prime the pump with the starter. The glow plugs might come out again to get the rpm up so I can prime the system faster.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

kent01

Reaction score
Right now the truck will try to run with a wift ether. Sadly it's a C6 so I am stuck trying to prime the pump with the starter. The glow plugs might come out again to get the rpm up so I can prime the system faster.

Yep, it will be a lot easier on the starter with the glow plugs out.
If you can out an electric fuel pump in line, and spin it without the glow plugs, priming should go quicker.
Good luck bro.

kent01

Reaction score
Put an electric pump

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t suggest any of the cheap ones, they all are cheap and last a nominal amount of time. I really like my mr gasket 105p

kent01

Reaction score
Any universal pump will work for priming, what I like to do is T into the fuel line under the cab, then run the fuel line up to the filter head and Put a check valve up there to keep fuel from draining back. T in on the engine side of the ck valve, and install a ball valve. So you can change filters, open the ball valve and turn the pump on and in a few seconds your primed up. Depress the Schrader valve on the filter head to let the air escape. Then your ready to fire up... Works great, only use the pump for priming.

kent01

Reaction score
Heh Tony, the is a company in Washington state, called R&D IDI performance, they have injection pumps, tuned for performance,injectors as well, HP turbo kits, even high performance camshafts. Lower compression pistons, modified power stroke rods, for IDI engines. They have the goods to really wake the IDI engines up.

BigBlockTony

Reaction score
Heh Tony, the is a company in Washington state, called R&D IDI performance, they have injection pumps, tuned for performance,injectors as well, HP turbo kits, even high performance camshafts. Lower compression pistons, modified power stroke rods, for IDI engines. They have the goods to really wake the IDI engines up.

I have heard of R&D. Still really unsure of what I want to do with this truck. Mel of Conestoga diesel is actually not too far away from me where I now live in PA. I keep debating about reengineering a turbo set up for the truck