6.9 factory 7.3 ats installation questions

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you spent more on that than my kit, if you use the top oil casting, save the brass fitting thats factory, folks are always needing them.

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
well dang, I'm sorry Russ. I would've much rather to have bought it from a fellow member on here but was already ordering parts and figured just order those parts. how is your kit setup? not sure if I'm gonna like the straight fittings I ordered :( and I pretty much save any part I take off anything, I'm not one to throw out parts often

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
anybody out there got a pic or someway to show how you did the c6 tube if you didn't get the actual tube from the kit? got the some of the exhaust parts today, rest from summit should be here tomorrow and hopefully the feed line kit is here wed or thurs then just need to get an airfilter and some tubing for the setup and a v clamp, is it a 2.5 v band for the turbo? and how loud will it be with just the down pipe as I'm gonna have to drive it like that or get a welder over here to weld some of the exhaust on. also figure how I'm gonna hang the exhaust.
thanks
-Jack

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
just waiting on a few more things
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for just the factory vband clamp or a complete weld on vband?

I have my left over vband clamp if that's what your looking for, just cover shipping

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
attachments should be working now, and yes just the clamp. but i should have one by tomorrow if not i'll hit you up on yours

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
well up date. got everything (I think) to install the turbo. just need to find the time now and also a time when my truck isn't hot as it's my daily and only mode of transport as the ol jeep is down. only fears i have of doing this is 1. something will go wrong and with my luck its more than likely 2. nothing will go as planned and 3. a runaway

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
just some things to button up like the crossover needs a nut on one side and a stud on one side that should take care of those leaks, bending the trans tube, get all the exhaust on hopefully and the air filter setup on. heard a faint whistle when i revved it up a little :D need to unbolt it a little to get the intake hat on as i left it off to see if it would even fit at all. now one of the main things I'm concerned about is the fuel line heading up to the fuel filter from the IP is in the way of the filter tubing, can I cut a section out and replace it with fuel hose as to have flex to it and route it from the tube? also I have the cdr in there for now with the long tube, its supposed to be shorter i know as to connect to cover bracket. i don't really want to cut it so can I get a tube to fit it and the cover grommet? thanks again It's coming along well i think the worst part was the up pipe being stuck together. my friends always told me my exhaust didn't smell like other diesels, my 7.3 idi did smell differently if I remember but that was over 12 years ago. having the cdr not hooked up it kinda smells different but it could just be my imagination. P.S make sure you're oil sender and or feed line are on the block before you start it :oops: I instantly shut it off

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the mess you made with the oil is a good thing. We had a member put a turbo on, and that port was plugged. No oil got to the turbo bearing and it seized........

Also, if that filter is the one you are planning in using, I think it is going to be too small to flow the air needed. What brand is it? We've had a couple members have issues with Spectre filters.

I would look at the BHAF Mod the PSD and Cummins guys use. It is a good filter, and fairly easy to set up.

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
oh yeah it gets oil to that point trust me LOL yes it is a spectre and mainly on there to just use it while its running as I was already looking at a the other filters. right now just trying to get it road worthy and everything hooked up. get the intake hat on check for leaks as its hard to tel now cause of the spill, should I put some rtv on the oil drain grommet? need to bend the trans tube still and put the bolts back in that held it there. also the crossover pipe looks like it needs to be just barely a 1/4 maybe more towards the trans on the passenger side as it doesn't line up. and also got nuts for the studs as I lost some and am using a bolt on the passenger side of the crossover as I cut off the stud for some reason but the bolt and nuts aren't working, would think they're sae not metric? any help is appreciated just need to get it on the road

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
Yeah, figures with my luck. so used to using sae lately that I just grabbed it thinking it would work. trying to just bend the crossover slightly to make it fit but no luck so far. gonna scrounge around and try and find a bolt and some nuts for it too

Lumberjack84

Reaction score
gonna go get the stud and nuts tomorrow. thinking if i can't the crossover pipe to fit about cutting it in half and putting the two pieces together after there bolted in place?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online