6.9 and 7.3 IDI Engine Reseal and Rebuild Kits

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings Oilburners! Today I am very happy to announce another new product line from Classic Diesel Designs, we now can supply anything you need for your winter rebuild, using only the highest quality parts that have been proven with our own engine rebuilds. Over the years, I have found what aftermarket parts perform better than oem, and what do not. These kits have a combination of the best components from Motorcraft, Felpro, Mahle, Delphi, Sealed Power and Timken. Below is the breakdown of what comes with these kits and their costs, this is just an outline of what is available so if needed we can pick and choose from these products to best suit your project. These kits will be 10% off all orders between now and the end of the year.

Engine reseal kit includes:
  • 6.9 style Felpro head gaskets
  • Updated Valley pan
  • Intake manifold plenum gasket
  • MLS Exhaust manifold gaskets
  • Valve cover gaskets
  • Updated 6.9 style valve stem seals
  • Water outlet gasket
  • Thermostat housing gasket
  • GFR return caps and lines
  • Viton injector o-rings
  • Injector copper washers
  • Turbo flange gasket
  • Updated oil cooler kit
  • Viton/PTFE front and rear main seals with installation tools
  • Water pump gasket
  • Motorcraft thermostat
$350 Shipped to continental US

My rering kit includes everything from the reseal kit as well as:
  • Sealed power rings
  • Main bearings
  • Connecting rod bearings
  • Cam bearings
  • Lifter set
$1150 shipped to continental US

Upgrades such as Comp 910-16 valve springs are available for $85, ARP head stud kits for the 6.9 IDI for $250 and for the 7.3 IDI for $500. These head stud kits are drop in, no modifications to the valve train is needed for clearance, and come with instructions and ARP lubricant.

Complete rebuild kits are available and are catered to your specific build, since not every rebuild is the same and costs vary with oversizing pistons and bearings, I will work with you to be sure you have everything you need for your IDI build!

Keep an eye out for more products from Classic Diesel Designs, including turn key crate engines coming in 2019!

-Wes

Oledirtypearl86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol try work on anything every time I get in a groove I get kids yelling at me or another obligation calling for my time

Last edited:

WarNose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, just one month too late for me. I would have loved to buy a kit from you. You give excellent support on this site. Thanks for all your help!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you all kindly, this site has been great for my buisness and has been a huge enabler for me to be able to specialize in such a niche market, it’s the least I can do to help people out with a tip here and there:)

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Thewespaul turn key crate motor would that run as much as a newish motor, would it be n/a or turbo.

congrats on sticking with your passion if it's idi's or just motors/etc just don't get burnt out

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correct, engines will be available from mild to wild, all warrantied of course.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

A note on precups, it’s become quite a challenge to source nos cups for a reasonable price, in most cases though I find that if a set of heads have severely cracked precups that extend past the fire ring, the head is usually toast as well, every head I have seen bad precups has had severe cracking between valves, so in every case I have just taken a better set of heads of the shelf that need less work, I’d advise those who are looking at replacing precups to consider the same thing.