6.9-7.3 stroked performance engines/heads

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see you posting Tim. Winter is coming. What's the project this year?

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow a 7.9 diesel, also have twin turbo engines, hmm wonder what kind of milage they get? i really wonder what kind of power and torque they put out

IDIeselman

Reaction score
I still check in every night to get my daily dose:D thanks guys and Mel I have another week to decide but I'll let ya all know. I'm really leaning towards a 545 BBF stroker in my 79 shortbox though. 700HP at 6800 RPM is a beautiful thing.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Gees... I wonder what my heads all ported up would compare to these??? Maybe I should buy a set and compare... But which set to buy...:dunno

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gees... I wonder what my heads all ported up would compare to these??? Maybe I should buy a set and compare... But which set to buy...:dunno

Heads can't flow any more than the inside valve seat diameter minus the diameter of the valve stem will allow. Get those specs and yours, do a little math and it'll give you an idea how much more it's possible for them to flow mathmaticly. Sure be cheaper than buying a set.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score

get these!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Same as above but with stage 3 porting
flow increase of 15% intake
flow increase of 20% exhaust
$1450 plus core
[/FONT]

I wonder is that 1450 for two?:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I was wondering about the price too. I'll bet my first set was better than the stage 3 heads. I really put a lot of work into them but they were really ruff when I got them from China.... So I was told. I sure would like to find the cargo containers of the heads from Spain that got "lost somewhere" between Spain and the docks here...... Hmmmm. Where would you hide something like that.....:dunno