6.5 wont shift.

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
My old 6.5 decided not to shift today. Boy called me and said he drove it to town and it worked fine. Went into store, came back out and it will now not shift out of first. It is a 4l80E, any ideas. I think it is something electrical.

Andy

610cummins

Reaction score
Mine did that the it was low voltage check charging system then the ignition switch.

dieseldummy

Lost in time
Reaction score
Andy,
It's a '94 right? First off make sure all the electrical connections are still hooked up. You can jumper the two terminals under the dash in the diagnostic port to get the SES light to flash out the codes. Next is to unhook the batteries for a while to clear the codes. Try driving it after that and see if the code comes back. If it does then you most likely have a big problem. If you need better help give me a call: 970-520-5079.
Justin

dazedandconfused

Reaction score
Well its not my problem anymore. I got rid of the truck after I noticed it was starting to consume alot of oil. I told the boy I would help him try and find the problem but he was going to take it to a trans shop. When I had it every once in a while it would not shift out of first. It would act like it was going to but then wouldnt. You would turn the key off then back on and it would be fine. I told him to unhook the battery to clear any codes and he did and it worked. The truck only does it every now and then
though.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.