6.5 newby

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
just picked up a near mint 97 6.5, 5 speed for 1500. never really messed with one of these. is there any thing i should know about or do to it before i start driving it? i dont how the glow plugs are, it starts ok, but i know with the 7.3 idi's the brand of glow plugs make a big difference. it was a fleet vehicle and i have all the records on the truck since it was new. it has had the plugs changed but i dont remember when. thanks

on edit. i do know about the pmd and i should relocate it, but im in college and im broke.

85oilburner

Reaction score
well other than the pmd id just worry about routine maintence, ive had my 6.5 for about a year and never had any problems with glow plugs, it starts just fine so i leave it alone

dieselburner94

Reaction score
f your glow plugs do start to go, i really like the Insta-Heat glow plugs. Theyre suposed to be military grade glow plugs that get much hotter than stock. I like them, and they were only about 65 dollars.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im new to 6.5s and i was wondering if i can swap the gmc front clip on the truck. its a 94 with the single headlights and the weave lookin grille. i wanna know if i can throw a gmc dual light grille on there with the lights and whatnot. like dieselburner94's grille

91/2 7.3idi

BarnyardFabrication
Reaction score
all you need to do is change the grille and head lights and wire in the extra lights. did this to my buddys 96

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online