6.2 overhaul

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your motorpool doing swapouts? If so, can you get the engine bay measurements at the narrowest point and the widest point? or better yet, the widest point of the 6.5. One of the things I had to do with my '85 when I put in the '93 assembly, was wiggling the left side exhaust manifold inside the "c" channel when installing the assembly. Outside of that, the downpipe was the next item of tight fit. Rest of the deal was pretty easy.

Macguyver82

DINSTAAR
Reaction score
Towcat, do you mean measurements from the widest points on the frame? the hummer engine is jammed in there pretty good. Currently, there's no hummers in the shop with the engines removed but we do have some engines sitting around, I'll measure those.
Usually they pull and replace the motor in one shift- hummers are in demand over here!

I found out all the "up-armored" units have the 6.5TD, while non-armored ones have the N/A units. The motor sergeant and I are on a first name basis!

more later,
Mac

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know they're jammed in there really good. :puke:
heck, if you have the motors on the ground, take a measurement there. widest point at the exhaust manifolds would be a good start. I got to get a better digicam on the truck to show you the shoehorning the '93 TD package was to get into the '85. Then again I really doubt anybody is crazy enough to do something like that to a '73-'89 chassis...... cookoo

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online