6.0L "The Monster With-In"

PDPRacing

SCT Custom Tuner
Reaction score
As all we have to play with in our 6.0L's is what we got handed from the dealer lot, we have had to do our own R&D and I noticed ford had been trying to keep a clean running power plant for the 6.0L motor. I decided to do some experimentation, and found the "Banjo Bolts" ( the bolts that feed the fuel into each head ) to have quite a restrictor in the center, and only two small holes to dump the fuel into the heads. ( each head has 1 bolt )
I removed the Banjo Bolts and drilled larger the 2 stock holes, and added 2 extra holes, I also gutted the center restrictor.
Here is what your Banjo Bolts should look like after the Mod:

Banjo Bolt Pic1
Banjo Bolt Pic2

The stock fuel lines are metal and barely 1/4", I upgraded to 3/4" lines to compensate the fuel pressure with fuel volume, the both must go hand in hand. DJ's Performance Modded my Stock Fuel Pressure Regulator from the stock 40psi to a hefty 110psi. Now my injectors were liking this!

I decided last friday to take the truck to Test & Tune and run the Truck on my STOCK setting, with NO TUNER to see the results of the mods in conjuction with my injectors. I was very surprised, the 6.0L in the Fuel department has a hidden Monster. I did this because everyone on other sites are always asking me if these mods worked and how much HP/TQ it produced for me, and thought to take to a dyno, but decided you guys rather see some 1/4 times.
I'll let the Videos do the talking.
With those 1/4 mile Times, I was still posting 8.8, 8.7 1/8 mile runs.

Things that are small, but help in conjuction on the long run when matched with other things like a WELL Tuned SCT programmer! ;Sweet

-PDP-
Pure Diesel Performance