6.0 questions

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One side note.... I have heard, never had it substantiated, but looking at it, the Torqshift 5 speed auto (5R110) was actually produced for Ford by Allison. But due to the agreement between GMC and Allison they could not provide Allison transmissions to Ford. Ford spec'ed out what they wanted, and a Ford transmission was built, by Allison. Again, this is just what I have heard, but have not seen it in writing. But if you look at a 5R110, it does not look like any Ford auto that I have seen...... but it looks just like a Allison.

The Torqshift was built by Ford in their own Sharonville Transmission plant in Sharonville Ohio. Its not an Allison but every bit as good IMHO.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!!!! THey are a tough transmission, and I like the fact they were designed to tow, and still use all 5 gears..... not just an OD lockout..... a far superior transmission to be in a truck...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Thanks alot guys! well i talked to him today, he is gonna wait a little bit to do the service, but he just ordered a MBRP 5" cat back exhust, and k&n intake(couldnt talk him out of it) and he said we would just beat the hell out of the cat and gut it out cause he wasnt paying 80 more dollars for a cat delete pipe

Newman

Reaction score
He should have skipped the K&N and bought a cat delete. Make sure he keeps and eye out for dirt in the intake...

CDX825

filtration nut
Reaction score
I agree with the others the stock intake is far superior to anything aftermarket you can get.

They use a doanldson powercore filter witch in my opinion is the best air filter you can get. They flow tons of air for their size and hold allot of dirt before they plug up.

My buddy has a 6.0 and he was thinking of getting a intake for it. I convinced him out of it and we did the zoodad mod instead and hes been thrilled since.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree also on the stock intake. IT may be a pain to deal with when you do have to change it, but I would not be surprised if the one in my truck is the one it rolled off the line with, and I have just over 105k on the truck. However, my truck stays on the road, and we do not live in a dusty area. But the specs on the filter is they can hold 1600 grams of particulates before they are considered plugged. That is just over 3.5 POUNDS of dirt before they are full..... so you are not changing them every few thousand miles....

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tryed, but he wouldnt listen, its his truck not mine:dunno

Let him drive it for awhile then take off the intake and show him the dust on the inside of the intake tube-every aftermarket I see at work has dirt on the inside, some you can even see the turbo blades starting to wear:eek:, most people have no idea the amount of air a turbocharged diesel moves through it.

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike!!!! THey are a tough transmission, and I like the fact they were designed to tow, and still use all 5 gears..... not just an OD lockout..... a far superior transmission to be in a truck...

I agree the TorqShift is a beautiful machine, and a whole lot more simple that the TorqShift 6 that replaces it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online