6.0 liter oil question

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
lol yeah ill never own a new diesel to many computers and junk, did you know cummings signed a contract with dodge to where you have to take it back to the dealer to get it worked on if it has computer problems, which is basically the whole dam thing!

Where did you come up with that info? That is a load of crap

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
back to the useful info, I've had good luck with premium blue, and the next oil I would like to try is John Deere, when the new emissions required CJ-4 spec John Deere refused to change to the new spec as it requires the removal of a lot of the Zinc and Phosphorus that are vital high-pressure lubricants, that are vital to the survival of camshafts, lifters, rockers and such. more so in the flat tappet lifters like my cummins has, but still important in anything else.

bjohnson

Reaction score
who told you that? I work on plenty of them, computer issues and otherwise and the one place I WON'T go is the dealer, got plenty of associates that know more about the computerized systems on Cummins equipped Dodges than anyone at the dealerships.

P.S. my girlfriend just asked why you spelled Cummins with a G.... I'm so proud of her.

I think what the contract means is while the truck is under warranty.I had a Cummins Dealer tell me that.

bird hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cummings?? Never understood why everyone has to add the G in there. I don't have any experience with 6.0's, but I have heard that 7.3 Power strokes don't like Rotella. I've only had my IDI for 3K miles, but it seems to like Rotella just fine so far. Previous owner used Texaco Ursa Super Plus. Just got a good deal on Castrol Tection Extra and anxious to try it. Anyone used this oil?? Bottom line, be careful about rumors, try the Rotella if you want and see if the 6.0 likes it..try oil analysis for proof instead of rumors.