5K?

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
Will I have a problem moving a mooring anchor a few miles?

I've had well over a ton in the bed many times, highway speeds, no problems!

What do you think? 5000 pounds, 6000? all an estimate, it's under water at the moment

LCjeff

Thanks in advance.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
5or 6000 pounds shouldnt be that bad, i have pulled 8-9000 pounds up the mountain, 7%grade 2nd and gear 3400 rpm 240 degrees water temp at top of mountain with EGT's aproaching 1300 and a blazing 35mphLOL man i loved that truck

leftcoastjeff

Frankentruck lover
Reaction score
thanks

This will be a 25 mph run, though it will be tied well,

Thanks for the responses.

Unfortunately this may get in the way of the GTG :dunno
We'll see,

LCjeff

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thought would be to rent a trailer (if you can find one that's heavy-duty enough) and load it on there. Might be safer, and minimizes the risk of damage to your bed ;Sweet

Might not be feasible, but it's a thought :)

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I have a feeling if you put it in your box you'll be looking in the LMC catalog for box parts that night....

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I got a flat bed and I am always looking for an excuse to travel down that way. I also dont worry about hurting my rig. i just fix what breaks and move on.

I wouldnt worry about the weight and the truck moving it. The problem is gonna be not putting a hellashious dent/hole in your bed.

punk

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Might dent the bed because of the pressure points - I have a vision of a standard double J type anchor that you see hanging on ships. But I hauled over 5k in my 2500 dodge a lot last year in the form of dirt, it sat the back down and when at the IDI weekend I showed a couple of guys where the bolts that I used to hold the 5er brackets in had contacted the springs. No worries as it just make the bolts a perfect fit.... So you'll do fine truck wise just worried about pressure points.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I have a vision of a standard double J type anchor that you see hanging on ships.

exactly what I assumed, with the knobby part right at the bottom
well, if it dents your box right, you could install a drain in your bed ;)

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, my guess is that it's a mushroom anchor. That's what they usually use for permanent moorings...I don't envy the guys removing it, unless they have a good windlass or a crane on their boat LOL

For those who aren't ****** :D a mushroom anchor looks like this:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Yay, my Sea Scout training at work! ;Sweet

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hauled a mushroom in my F150 once. The weight was not that bad, but in an emergency stop I thought it was coming through the cab. Yes it dented up the bed. *** it's a truck, right? I also put on a load of stones once to go a short distance and the weight was so much that I had to take it off. Hauling in the bed is definitely not the same as pulling a trailer.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, but wouldn't it make more sense to move it with the boat that it is going to be attached to? LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin