550 springs in an OBS 250

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can i put 550 springs in an OBS 250, front and rear, i heard it would give the truck a 4 inch lift. id like to do it so i dont have to drop the cash for a lift kit, and i get an improved ride height with the plow.;Sweet

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and where could i get the drop brackets for it to put the 550 springs on it.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You would need to determine the EXACT lift that the F550 springs would give you. Also, measure from end of spring to end of springs on teh stock F250 ones then the F550 ones to make SURE that they are teh same length, and width! Also check the diameter of the spring eye bolt.

Once you know how high it will lift the truck, call around or have a GOOD SHOP make you a set. I would also go with a drop pitman arm for the steering box to make sure the steering geometry stayed the same.

You will need longer flex hoses front and rear and make sure that the emergency brake cables will reach as well.

It's a lot more work than just throwing a set of springs under a truck and running off. lol.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah i did more research and im gonna try to find a dana 60 kingpin front axle, if i can find one cheap.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
yeah i did more research and im gonna try to find a dana 60 kingpin front axle, if i can find one cheap.

Self research is the BEST thing someone can do.

I did the Dana 60 front end swap to my truck (1992 ball joint D60) and man, what a difference. With the front F350 springs, track bar and steering gear I gained an easy 2 - 3 inches in ride height with no steering geometry changes.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
good luck finding the dana 60. they are worth their weight in gold. and ugh my kidneys just ache reading this thread.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found three today.. and thats not even lookin in the 7 scrap yards within 2 towns of me. probably not gonna go with the kingpin, tryin to find one ball joint the year of my truck so im sure its gonna be a little easier lol two of em were ball joint, not sure what year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin