48RE auto trans fix!!

klichwil

Reaction score
OK I see a lot of posts of problems with 48RE trannys either getting stuck in 2nd gear at take off or getting a bad hunting or surging at easy acceleration. Thre is a fix for that!!!!!!! They make a "GM Control Kit" and it does cure the problems. The problem is the pressure solenoid and sensor hanging up or misreading due to the fluid passages in the sensor/solenoid body. The GM kit comes with a machined body and a GM pressure solenoid with pigtail wire adapter. It is not too expensive and pretty ewasy to install if you have a good in-lb torque wrench. It is THE way to go for curing the problems with the 48RE. I am super confident in this. I have an 05 that we did a complete valve body rebuild, trans rebuild and new torque converter and it still had the issues of the surging or hunting in easy acceleration or the lack of 1st gear at take off. Finally we found this thing, put it in and the difference was night and day!!!!!!!! I can not say enough how good this works in curing the main problems with the 48RE

cranknrods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok... were do ya get it?
how much is it and for us non-tranny gurus how do you install it
thanx

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7