35's on stock height TTB

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering....
Picked up an old set of BFG Mud Terrians off of Craigslist for $170. They're 35/12.5/16.5 now mounted on my existing wheels, which are 16.5 x 9.75 Weld wheels with a pretty small offset; the tires stick out about 2" further than the front fenders on each side.
They fit just fine; I had to do a little "finessing" to the pass. side fender but that was due to a previous run in with a fence post (previous owner let his 12 year old daughter learn to drive in it out in the horse pasture). Driver's side fit with no modifications whatsoever.
They look a little bit stuffed, but I plan on putting a 2" body lift on the truck in the near future.
Now that they're on, it's dark and raining out, so pics will have to wait until tomorrow.

91idi4x4

Reaction score
sweet! i am looking to pick up those exact same tires in a couple months and im glad to know that they will fit. :) i can't wait to get some new meats

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
did you have do anything to the front bumper.

there was a guy that got 35" goodyear mtr kevlars as work the other day and he could not turn the wheels with out hitting the bumper. he could not even drive the truck straight forward because of the awsome TTB creating some gnarly camber, and that making the tires hit the bumper. he had to trim a good chunk out of his bumper.

the difference was this truck was a f-150. it was a '96. had a 6" lift to.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The older trucks don't have the issues with clearing the bumper. The fenders themselves hang back farther than the front bumper, and this is the closest area my tires get to. I have about 1" clearance at the closest point.
One other thing I thought of; my entire front end has been rebuilt recently; new ball joints, bearings, polyurethane bushings, etc. The only parts that haven't been changed out in the last 5000 or so miles are the tie rods. This is probably as much a help as anything else. Every TTB front suspension I have ever worked on has been worn the hell out.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple pics

Attachments

• IMG_6089.JPG
    IMG_6089.JPG
    545.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_6090.JPG
    IMG_6090.JPG
    455.6 KB · Views: 47

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I have 35 ground hawgs for my 86. :D

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I love a red two tone crew cab. And a slantnose to boot. I think i need a tissue....

Do you plan to do anything to the suspension when you swap in the DT360?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Nice looking truck. I love a red two tone crew cab. And a slantnose to boot. I think i need a tissue....

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you have do anything to the front bumper.

there was a guy that got 35" goodyear mtr kevlars as work the other day and he could not turn the wheels with out hitting the bumper. he could not even drive the truck straight forward because of the awsome TTB creating some gnarly camber, and that making the tires hit the bumper. he had to trim a good chunk out of his bumper.

the difference was this truck was a f-150. it was a '96. had a 6" lift to.

ive built a few f150s with 4" lifts and put 35s on them and they were fine. i also had a 96 f150 i had 31s on and it was stock height, only rubbed the radius arm at full turn.
my 92 f350 had 2" add-a-leafs with cut out fender flares, and 3" body lift, rolled on 37s without any problems. and it also had a dana 50 TTB. never a problem with it.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Not sure yet...
I need to do some more careful measuring once I get the 2" body lift on first. There's a good chance I will have to do some trimming on the cross member to get the DT in there; If I have to cut very much material off of it, that pretty much leaves me with having to swap a straight axle into it. Not that a Dana 60 wouldn't be a welcome addition; but I'd rather use the money towards the engine swap first.
As for the extra weight, I have some spare leaf springs laying around and adjustable ball joints to reset the camber with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online