315/75/16 tires

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
hey guys, the dana 60 should be in my 97 next weekend and I have no tires to put on it after the lift. I am wanting 315/75/16s(35x12.50) I already have a set of 16" wheels(thanks Corey) and i need of a set of some all terrains

Give me some of your ideas as long as they are not BFG a/t or general grabbers

idipwr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not BFGs? They are expensive, but great all around tires!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
My local Tire guy has been reccomending Firestone Destination AT's and buyers have been happy. This same guy said Toyo's wear like iron and are worth the premium price tag. He also agrees with you on the BFG's, said they are not what they used to be. Please excuse, I did not check to see if mentioned tires are available in size you are looking for.Best of luck none the less.

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nitto Terra Grapplers, had them on the Excursion for about a year now, really good tire

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I disagree with the ProComps..every set I've owned has cupped and rode like crap when properly balanced, rotated and aligned.... No thank you.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Goodyear Duratracs?

They are in the top running, just a bit aggresive but they are 10 ply "E" tires;Sweet
I have a set in 315/75-16 on my wife's truck. Pretty happy with them so far.

Tom

My local Tire guy has been reccomending Firestone Destination AT's and buyers have been happy. This same guy said Toyo's wear like iron and are worth the premium price tag. He also agrees with you on the BFG's, said they are not what they used to be. Please excuse, I did not check to see if mentioned tires are available in size you are looking for.Best of luck none the less.

The destinations dont come in a 315 only the muds
i run procomp xtreme at in the 315/75/16 size n like em.

I dont like the expensive price they try to hide with the buy 3 get one free BS

I disagree with the ProComps..every set I've owned has cupped and rode like crap when properly balanced, rotated and aligned.... No thank you.

I have seen similar results on friends trucks

Nitto Terra Grapplers, had them on the Excursion for about a year now, really good tire

I like the Nitto Terra Grapplers. Good tire and a good price.

Another consideration but have heard not so great wear. I was also considering the Dune Grapplers, but not sure on wear

Dunlop radial rover
They dont make a 315

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
The Duratracs may look aggressive but the sound of aggresive tread is not there. My buddy has them on one of his trucks and a Jeep, goes all over the place in 2wd in both of them, they're wearing pretty good, they ride nice and they handle great. They're a real grippy tire. From previous experience, the Terra Grapplers get LOUD as the tread wears, the tread wear isn't all that great, they suck in anything but sand (pavement included) and they ride rough....like they don't have enough sidewall pliability or give to make the ride better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online