2wd to 4wd frame diference?

giezy

Reaction score
I know the crossmember is different but is the rails the same and just drill holes for the frame brackets? I have a divorced 205 and a dana 60 already just thinking about make my truck into a crawler/trail truck

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very little difference,

Throw the ZF in there

Get a shackle kit and add in the brackets, you may want to do a RSK reverse shackle kit for the front diff.

That would be great.

Then throw some leaves in there and away ya go..mount that front diff change pitman arm and a few small details n yer a 4x!

JM2CW

Al

7.3 powerstrok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 4x4 frame has a extra support on the right side rail (boxed in right frame horn ),may want to add something simliar ,if using a 2x4 frame

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

yes. that is my crawler in it's previous form. i naver touched the frame other than bolting on the hangers.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The frame rails are different right behind the front bumper. The 2wd frame is a "open c" type frame, the 4wd frame is closed in and has a dimple with a hole in it. This is to mount the front leaf spring shackle. You will have to modify the 2wd frame to accept and support the front leaf spring shackle, or buy or make a shackle reversal kit and put the shackle in the rear and mount the leaf springs to a crossmember behind the bumper.

You will also have to locate the holes for the rear mount. There is some debate on how many of any holes are there already, but most people end up drilling some holes for the rear mount on a 2wd frame.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online