2WD lifts

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was wondering if any of you have found or are using a lift kit on your 2wd?

I am not looking to go high - 1.5-2 is enough for me.... at this point I just want to put my 285/75/16 tires on my 94 extended cab

I am personally not a fan of body lifts - but apparently they don't make a lift kit for the 2wd diesel :dunno

If anyone knows of a company making a product that will work I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks, Brad

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I've looked and looked for lifts for my 2wd trucks. They're out there, but they're extremely spendy compared to the 4x4 ones. The only good ones I seen were over $1200. Let me see if I can dig up my old links I saved. I'm in the same boat, if anyone has any ideas. Id like less rpms, but I've got the biggest tires I can fit currently.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing. That was a double post caused by the continuing problem of extremely long post times this site has been suffering from. However, if you take note you will see that those are not stock I-beams. Back in the 80's when these trucks were extremely popular, a number of companies made what they called "pre-runner kits" for the 2WD trucks. They were marketed to the Baja contingient under the guise that people who were going to drive in the Baja 500 would want to use a truck to "pre-run" the course, saving their valuable 4X4 race truck for the actual action. The extra lift gave them the needed wheel travel to run the course.

brdmh44

Midwest Chopper
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Mel, after looking more closely at the picture, I realize the different geometry now. Looks like a really nice setup.

It's a shame the aftermarket is now defunct for these 2wd trucks since there has to be a million 80-96 Ford trucks on the road.

My problem is I have two 4wd trucks now, and can't justify the time or effort to convert the 2wd to a 4wd. I just don't like the fact it humps the ground, driving across some of the farm fields will bottom the truck out. As I posted before, I have a brand new set of 285/75's and figured I could lift the truck for less than new rubber would cost.

I guess if it comes down to it, I will machine billet spacers for the springs and do an ad-a-leaf on the back if no solutions pop up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dented73

Members online