25 degree start today

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was up early and my thermometer said it was 25 degrees. I have never plugged my truck in to heat the block, I did not change my oil from the 15W 40 Delo I always run because I feel like it never gets that cold here (remember I grew up in Cleveland: it never really is cold here....) and I got busy and never checked my GPs this Fall, although I would bet they are all working. I have also been running B50 bio-diesel, and I have to say I really like the way my truck runs on it.

I cycled the GPs once, feathered the throttle just slightly and it lit pretty easily, rough idle, high oil pressure with the "heavy" oil, but it smoothed out quickly. I left it idle, went inside, got busy with work, and let it idle for about 45 minutes before I remembered it was running. When I went out the temp guage was between the A and L in Normal, which is pretty high but not near the red. I am posting this because I don't have a fan in my truck, and I believe it really would have never overheated, as I drove it around the block (a little over a quarter mile) and when I pulled back in it was down at between N and O, where it normally is moving down the road on a 60 degree day.

All I can say is if I lived in a colder climate, I'd change the oil to a true winter weight, make sure my starting electronics were in good shape and never use the block heater.

Just my .02, thought I'd share.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
What kind of exhaust u have on ur truck? I left mine idle for 20 minutes today, forgot about it but kept wondering what all the rumbling was outside lol.

Good to hear tho! Hopefully i can say the same again!

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock exhaust, but Iron Maiden could have been playing in my driveway and I might not have heard it as I was far into the "REM sleep" part of work, you know the part where you are so burried you can't see anything else....cookoo

trying to put 25 hours into a 24 hour day, or as it's more commonly referred to: putting 8 pounds of "work" into a 2 pound bag......:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online