22.5s on a dually-what width wheels??

KingRanch

Reaction score
Yes, there are several options. Do you want Single Rear Wheel (S.W.R.) or Dual Rear Wheel (D.R.W.)?
S.R.W.= www.stocktonwheel.com, they will make to order steel rims for whatever tire you want, with whatever bolt pattern you have.
= www.ricksontruck.com, they have both steel and aluminum wheels (only the sizes they make).
= www.americanforcewheel.com, one style 19.5 direct bolt-on
= www.brentzwheel.com, they have the wide-est selection of 19.5alum. rims, but only in there manufactured sizes, and more expensive.

If you want D.R.W. there are several to choose from, but start with the last 3 above (ricksontruck, americanforce, and brentzwheel). Then, just Google "dually wheels" or "dually adapters"

And, if you want 22.5s Americanforcewheel has the best selection of "designer 22.5s"

Figure out how tall you want your truck. Then get tires that will fit under that height. Deside how wide of a tire you want, and T-h-e-n get your rims. Make sure that the rims 'fit' the tire for best ride and max. mileage.

Example: I am putting 285/70R19.5s (35.4" tall and 11.5" wide) on my '03 F350. The tires "will work" on 7.5", 8.25", and 9.0" wide rims. The suggested rims are 8.25" wide. If you use the 7.5" wide rims the tire beads will be closer together, and the center of the tread will bludge slightly. So you will have to decrease you air pressure more (softer, sloppier ride, and less payload) to get the tires to wear evenly.
If you use the 9.0" wide rims the beads will be further apart causing the center line of tread to sag slightly. So, you will have to over-infate the tires slightly (hard ride, and "cupping" or uneven tread wear) to compensate, and get the tread 'flat' on the road.
Pay attention to what you get, and make sure everything matches for optimum tire life.

One last thing: Before you buy your tires check around, not only at tire stores, but at R.V. stores, Trucking Companies, or tractor-trailer sales or repair shops. I work for a trucking company and can get tires through our National Account (cash and carry), and am saving $100.00 per tire.

range ridin

Reaction score
thanks kingranch I appreciate your help. Want to keep it a dually so I guess Ill check out Ricksons. Guy at american force said they didint have a conversion set up for my year but i didnt ask about straight to the stock bolt pattern:dunno