2009 IDI Rally Campground

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you guys on the west coast shouldn't band together and hire a portable parking lot to bring your rigs east. In all seriousness, I wonder what that might cost if 3 or 4 of you hired a truck to bring them out? Might be cheaper than trying to drive it on your own. You could fly out and meet your truck somewhere and arrive in style! Just an idea.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i ran from L.A. to NE OH this past spring, took me 3 1/2 days and around $800 in fuel running with a couple hundred pounds of parts in the bed. it would be quicker to fly but by the time you pay the shipping on the truck and buy the plane ticket i wonder if you will save any money... if you can afford the time to make the drive, that is.

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
made my reservations today. site A-49 from 7/2/09 to 7/10/09. looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting new people there.
chris

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool Chris!;Sweet

Glad to have you on the list and looking foward to seeing you and your familiy again.

Heath

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Somehow I will be there and need a single room cabin. I figure 15 mpg will cost 690.00 in fuel at 5.00 per gallon one way. Ouch.... That hurts bad....:D

bigrigdom

Reaction score
good grief cant we have one of these things in kansas or something! icanfixall where are you rollin from? im tryin for the longest distance travelled trophy and if you cruise in and beat me and I go home empty handed im gonna be hot-cuss! by the way, for $1400 in fuelcookoo that better be a biiiig trophy:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you two should hookup somewhere on the I-10 and convoy out from there;Sweet
heck...if there's enough motivation, we should plan something at Morro Bay for a weekend GTG.
that way it gives the dune junkies something to do at pismo and the rest who want to get sloppy drunk and listen to the surf in the background can do so:D ;Sweet

Last edited:

bigrigdom

Reaction score
any excuse to get some fish and chips from the whales tale and you can count me in;Sweet
I'm down with the jack and coke as well...but my 2 wheel drive aint gonna do to well in the dunes, thats for sure!

Last edited:

4x4TruckinGirl

"Cowgirl"
Reaction score
Do one of ya'll have a car trailer? Could throw one truck up there and split the fuel, sure fuel mileage would decrease a little while towing but I'm almost sure would save money in the long run. Just a thought there too............

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
i dunno if i'll be around, working 28on 14off, but If it lines up I'll ride up.
I'll have to mix up a lil extra biodiesel... and will need to crash in someones backyard (or I'll go find a nice parkinlot somewhere).

drew

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow! How cool would it be to have all you West coast guys at the rally.:hail Towcat, icanfixall, bigrigdom, jw2644 I really hope you guys make it. We may need several "Longest Distance Traveled" awards for the West side crew.;Sweet

Drew, if you can come, someone will hook you up with a place to lay your head......... a tent, share a cabin, or whatever.:D

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you guys that are complaining about fuel, just remember, I may not come as far, but I'm probably bringing 3 trucks! :eek: Heck maybe I should hire my own autocarrier. LOL