2003 Silverado 2500HD 6BT Swap

SeckSeySam

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Sam. This is my first post on this site. But I wanted to Make a build Thread so everyone can see what Im doing. First of all I have a 03 2500HD with a LQ4 6.0l, 4L80E tranny, with a 14BFF rear axle. I have a few bolts on like cold air intake, Programer, True Dual 3" exhaust going threw two Flowmaster Super 44's, Detroit locker in the rear with a motive gear carrier, Lift keys, 2 inch rear blocks, 3" body lift rolling on 35s. It a pretty decent truck. But a chevy on 35s isn't to original and has been done alot. Couple months ago I bought a 92 Dodge w250 with a Cummins for $1500. So after alot of reserch I decided im gonna swap it into my chevy cause I have never seen it done to a newer chevy. I am gonna scrap the front IFS and swap in the Dana 60 from the dodge and put in some 13" springs. I plan on rollling on atleast 42" tires. Sorry for the long introduction. This weekend I am pulling the drivetrain from the dodge to get it all fixed up and painted. I'll post some pictures then of what Im doing, aslong with some before pictures of my chevy including fender height measurments. If you plan on following this thread it's not gonna be a weekend build. I plan on atleast taking 6 months

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a thought.. putting an older motor into a newer truck is supposed to violate a passel of Federal laws.

I am not saying don't, just regurgitating what I have been told. Motor has to be at least as new as recipient, if not newer.

Having issued that caveat... Love to see how this turns out.

Edit:Oh hell, you are one of them.....:backoff

Disregard my federal law comment....

Apparently not applicable!:D;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, here is Canada we dont have any of those ******** emession laws
in Vancouver BC you do, but prolly not in Alberta.;Sweet
it's kinda like TX, in the Metro areas and surrounding counties, there's smog checks, but not in the rural counties;Sweet

SeckSeySam

Reaction score
Little update:

So this weekend I didn't get as much as I wanted done cause I was to busy. But I went out today around 5pm and got the Transfer case out and the tranny free from the frame now supported by an axle stand. Tomorrow after work Im hoping to go out a free the motor from everything and pull the motor and tranny out together so I can tear them both down and rebuild/build them up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Heres the donor truck

Buddy underneath trying to figure out a plan of attack

Heres a quick rendering of how I want the truck to look (without the tandem axles)

dealwithit

Reaction score
yes there are aircare tests here in vancouver bc, but its easy enough to get aroung them with a truck, raising a GVW to 5001 will negate the need for aircare testing on any size of truck......:D

thats to bad you didn't get a newer p-pumped dodge, but i guess you can still make some ponies with that rotary pump ;) is the dodge a standard or auto trans?

SeckSeySam

Reaction score
I accually found a 96 5.9. im in the middle of working out a deal. auto.

here in alberta (oil feild based province) we have no emmisions

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that club cab 4x4 doesn't still have it's driver's side rear wheel opening moulding still does it?
I'm looking for stuff to replace on mime.:D