2003 cummins $1500

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just over 200k and you're talking about a rebuild??? ***? That engine is barely getting broken in let alone worn out. My dads '01 has just a hair under 400k rather hard towing miles and it's just barely starting to show signs of weakness.

mileage is not what concerns me, its the leaking rear main that im going in for. The clutch is slippin like a mother, due to leak. And supposedly has some blow by, so possible ring issues. I can do the rebuild myself for around $3000, which puts me in at $4500, and I wont find a 03 with fresh motor for that or even close.

motox tech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get nervous in a hurry anytime I trade something for my services...

I do electrical work on the side. One time this guy at work offered to give me a "nice" camper shell in exchange for running power to a 240 volt dryer.

I show up on a saturday to do the work... I bring all the tools and materials, I pay for everything. It's my own fault, but I should have looked at the shell before doing the electrical work. 4 hours and $100 in material later...

The attached picture is a dramatization, but you get where I'm going with this. LOL

Well, the shell in this picture was nicer than the one this guy offered me..

:D

Ya ive been burned a few times myself. But ive done some other stuff on his snowmobiles, and hes not the kind of person to burn me. Just look at the deal hes givin me. His son also was the one who voluteered to haul my 94 idi home 100 miles each way when I bought it. Then sold me the wheels and tires (brand new tires) in my avitar for $800. ended up trading out half that price for snowmobile work. These are good God fearing people and I know them well.;Sweet