2000 7.3td Excersion engine dampener

masonfamilyo4

Reaction score
:hail I need to replace my engine dampener on my 2000 Ford Excursion, it has a wiggle, now making the belt chirp. Looks like an easy job, just looking for some tips and what NOT TO DO. Thanks again for your time. ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timing Cover Crankshaft Seal Kit with wear ring
(International) 1812376c92
(National) 3894VD (seal only)

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With those kind of miles I would do an updated Low pressure oil pump for $75 from advanced auto

never seen one die but good idea.youre gonna be right there,its only 4 bolts to pull it off.pull the ecm fuse and crank it over a couple times to let the new pump suck oil and build pressure before you let it fire up.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What other things should I do or look at replacing do to high miles 225k?

that really depends on how deep you wanna get into it and how much money you want to spend.honestly they arent thaqt expensive but a few things require a good amount of time.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not knowing the maintenance or how said vehicle was takin care of or length of time you owned it.

these are some of the things i would do.injector orings,if finances permit it id go with new injectors,ipr orings,turbo pedistal orings,turbo up pipe donuts,high pressure oil system orings,glow plugs,inspect/replace injecor wiring,oil cooler orings.remove all turbo/intercooler boots,clean the oil out of them and make sure they are good and tight.wouldnt hurt to do the ccv mod on it so you dont end up with oil in the intercooler pipes again.remove the intercooler and flush the oil out of it as well.could probably use a coolant flush and refill.

these motors are built fairly well and will last a long time if properly cared for.keep the oil and fuel clean!!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
never seen one die but good idea.youre gonna be right there,its only 4 bolts to pull it off.pull the ecm fuse and crank it over a couple times to let the new pump suck oil and build pressure before you let it fire up.

One In my 96 Gave up the ghost after 280k and besides the new design feeds more oil to the HPOP, maybe it could keep up w bigger injectors better

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One In my 96 Gave up the ghost after 280k and besides the new design feeds more oil to the HPOP, maybe it could keep up w bigger injectors better

not saying they dont.

but thats an idea i have about an issue with my truck.im running twin 17* ****** hpops and my oil gauge is always fluctuating .but according to my mechanical gauge my pressures are normal.wich tells me the twins are suckin more oil than the lube pump can supply.i think i may try replacing the pump on mine and seeing what happens.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online