2 cycle in diesel? good or bad?

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys just bought a 99 24v and i know it isnt good for the injection pump to be run on ULSD. if i run 2 cycle through it like stihl 2 cycle i know it will lube the pump but it has 234k on it so i dont wanna gum up the injectors or anything:dunno. any help would be appreciated, thanks

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
should work just fine.... I ran tons of used motor oil through my last cummins and she didn't complain one bit.... just had to filter it first but since you are running fresh good oil then no need to filter....

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks alot. im switchin to a FASS direct replacement lift pump. i wanna do it before it goes so i dont kill my injection pump. i hope the 2 cycle flows through her nice. will that be a problem since its a direct replacement? also what 2 cycle do people use? and how much?

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Supertech tc-w3 is what I use. Its sold at walmart, atleast thats where I get it. I just buy the big gallon jug. ALOT of people use it in their trucks. I noticed a slight increase in mpg and it quiets down the injectors real good.

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much should i use ? just doin it for lubeing the injection pump so i figured every other tank.

milightfo

BLACK SMOKE
Reaction score
i use about 6 oz in each tank when i fill up,but you cant use too much ,it will burn it,add as much as you want

superduty12v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man thats really gonna help. i love my truck lol and i just found out i might be getting a 12v with 300k on it for free. guess im gona have to get a few gallons of 2 cycle lol

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Anything that is rated at tc-w3 is good for diesels. Just dont use a no name brand. Use well known brands and if it says tc-w3 its good. You'll know its workin when yer motor is quieter.

GuyWithA24Valv

Reaction score
I run the cheap Supertech ashless stuff from walmart. One oz. per gallon and my truck is happy. In a VP44 truck i would try to stay away from used motor oil and tranny fluid.

bentwings

Reaction score
Beat me to it. one oz per gallon. +/- what ever is close. I usually fill at 20 gal point by mileage and use about 2/3 of an old white Diesel service bottle to measure the TC-3. wal-Mart in the blue jug.

We have B-5 here in Minn so you really don't need any additive now except in the winter when we have winter fuel.

KRob

Reaction score
2cycl helps a lot in my opinion. Quieted my 01 down enough that you actually notice it.

Dont use ATF...i cant remember exactly why but if my memory is correct its because the formula isnt the same as it use to be so it doesn't burn right and will not lubricate like the old atf did...but my memory is kinda shaky i just remember being told by multiple knowledgeable people "NOT TO USE IT!"

KRob

Reaction score
2cycl helps a lot in my opinion. Quieted my 01 down enough that you actually notice it.

Dont use ATF...i cant remember exactly why but if my memory is correct its because the formula isnt the same as it use to be so it doesn't burn right and will not lubricate like the old atf did...but my memory is kinda shaky i just remember being told by multiple knowledgeable people "NOT TO USE IT!"