1999 PS in Van... stalled but restarted

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1999 PS in a E350 Club Wagon. Had it less then a year, over 215K miles.

Was pulling into my drive way today and let off on the throttle. It stalled. It restarted fine. With out going to code reader, what might it be? Fuel tank was full, fuel filter was changed a few months ago. Sometimes I notice a slight RPM flutter while driving about 25MPH. Not a steady engine speed.... I thought it might be my foot on the throttle... :dunno

Any how, I received a recall about the crankshaft/camshaft sensor and that his one had not been looked over yet by Ford. In it's previous life, this was a van pool for the local city- was assigned an all highway route...so the 215K is all highway miles.

Where should I look for why it stalled. Oh.... it was wet today... rainy.

NJKen

is a daddy!
Reaction score
Take it in for the CPS recal. That is most likely your problem. Its a quick fix if you have a cooperative dealer. You have the symptoms of a bad CPS.
Ken

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went last week for the recall. CPS was replaced and so far so good. Not sure if my fuel economy will improve over that.....:sly I can hope.

Ordered and got my tow harness ..... but it didn't come w/ relays? Is that separate or did my dealer order the wrong one.....:dunno