1999 expodition

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
ive got a 99 with the 4.6L the copper line that runs from the EGR sensor down to the exhaust the nut and threads have completely rusted away so it just flops around i need so help on how to quick fix this. also the drivers side rim has ceased up ive tried for 45 min to beat it off with no luck it is stuck to the rooter thanks for any help

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Bowhunter,

What kind of rim do you have? (what is it made of)

Is it something you could replace with something like a brake line or something like that ...... I am not sure of the size line you are needing. If it is copper, it it something that could be replaced with "hardware store" parts (copper water line)? How many miles are on the truck? I think since this is part of the emission control system, they normally have a 100k warrenty....

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
it is an aluminum rim i cant afford to replace it and the line is a 1" copper pipe and the line its self is fine i was going to just put a new nut on and flair it but that wont work because the threads are all gone from the exhaust i think I'm going to have to just replace the whole system and it has 260,000 miles on it lol shes been to Montana and Canada a few times for hunting trips

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the rusted out threads on the manifold or the actual exhaust system? I know im a noob but what if you cut out said rusted section and welded on just like a 4" piece of new pipe with a bung so then you could flair your tube and bolt it to the new section

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Bowhunter,

I had an alunimum rim stick, and I could not get it off, no matter how much I beat on the rim, or tire. I was able to put the tire iron thru a "spoke" (this was on a friends car, flat tire in a parking lot), and was able to get between the rim and the brake rotor, a couple of "wiggles" of the tire iron the rim just popped off..... I had been working on it for almost an hour, and 30 seconds using this trick, the rim was on the ground.

You may be able to get a manifold from one of the junk yards around. There is Fields up off of 6 or 700 North, East of 9, if you have not been there, they are huge, they have everything out there, including old UPS trucks. Also, there is a small yard on 1000 North on the East side of Fortville and I have found stuff there that no one else had.

On and greetings from the other side of town...... Do you still live next to the tire shop?

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
yeah ive tried the tire iron with no luck think im going to go to riley park and let them get it off fields and pains and all the others in Town don't have what i need found a manifold out at pull a part just going to get it

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgotr about the 2 pull a parts in Indy, I drive by the new one on 70 everyday on the way to work. Then there is the one on 16th street. One thing one of the guys told me about, there is an occasional $100 Saturdays, anything you can carry out of the place is 100 bucks........

GW Pierce is not to far east, out at 3 and 40.

medwards29

Construction Project Manager
Reaction score
ok on the rim this is what you do. (Thank the Rednecks of america!!)
-get a 5' 2x4
-get a sledgehammer
-put the 2x4 against the backside of the rim
-have the other end of the 2x4 come out from the front bumper
-smack the 2x4 with the sledge
may take multiple swings unless ur a big strong redneck
if it still wont work, WD40 the heck outta it then try again.
If that still fails rent some kind of press/remover.
If all else fails cut the studs off and drill them out take rim off and replace studs. (cheap and easy actually.)
It will come off one way or another. :)

Now as for the egr tube. This is a tricky thing. Depending on the setup of the o2 sensors you could just plug it up at the manifold and cut the tube off and run straight pipes. That's what i did to my 4.2L f-150 (nearly the same setup). but yours is newer so you need to first clean out all your egr stuff to remove carbon build up (trust me, it'll bite u later if you don't) and buy a new manifold with the egr tube installed already. If the manifold you have is good you can just buy the egr tube and flare it out inside the manifold and bend it up to the egr valve no problem. (hopefully). :) Happy Black Hands and Raccoon Eyes.

medwards29

Construction Project Manager
Reaction score
i got a new idea if that didn't work. Drive the truck into inner chicago and park in the ghetto and leave it overnight. Your problems will be solved and if you leave your wife in the truck, you'll have 99 problems but a B**** wont be one. :)