1996 F 350 CC on Lakeland Craigs List, 460 Gas, great price

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Ever since gas prices went stupid high, (over $2 a gallon), 460 powered rigs can be had for next to nothing. I've seen some really nice ones.

They stay forever on Craigslist, no one wants the pigs.

kc0stp

30 Hour Famine
Reaction score
you do realize an F150 is a couple thousand lbs lighter and the 4.6 is a small block engine right? (trades power for fuel efficiency, plus lighter truck and probably much better gear ratios for mpg). It really is an apples to oranges comparison.

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
Yaa but I never would own a girly man 150 but after buying one I realized they have their purpose and unless you need the bigger rig the cost of operation is not justified. Just do not try and use a 150 for real work. ;)

Moretorque

Dunce
Reaction score
you do realize an F150 is a couple thousand lbs lighter and the 4.6 is a small block engine right? (trades power for fuel efficiency, plus lighter truck and probably much better gear ratios for mpg). It really is an apples to oranges comparison.

And by the way all that is no excuse, when I buy an IDI 7.3 I expect the laws of physics to be suspended on many fronts from everything from fuel mileage to load capacity as well as maintenance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thamojster

Members online