1993 7.3 turbo motor complete, but for core purposes only Memphis TN

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not been into IDI's in couple of years but I have my factory turbo engine on a stand in my shop and would like it gone. It's complete but was consuming oil pretty bad so I swapped it out for a good running 7.3 non turbo a while back. It's all there, sans belt drive system. The factory turbo air box is included as wel as a 3" custom cold air intake I made for it out of 3" aluminized exhaust. It worked really well. It will have to be picked up in Memphis at our shop and we can assist with loading it all up for the buyer. I'm out of the loop on what idi stuff is bringing these days so I'll start at $500 for the whole thing and see what Intrest that garners. I haven't been on oil burners in over 2 years but remember most of you guys- that being said if you're interested in this stuff gimme a call and we'll discuss.
Matt
(901)-218-3480

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come with the turbo as well?

Idea of the mileage?

Pictures?

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah- turbo is included all piping, etc. had about 225k on it when I pulled it I think. I wouldn't install any of this without tearing it down first. We pulled it for oil consumption issues. Don't know if it was rings or the turbo causing it to use oil. But we had a known good spare engine we just swapped in and this was left over. I drove the truck with this engine in it for several years. It didn't get neglected. I just think it was time for an overhaul on the whole thing and we took the easiest option available. Don't know how to post pics on this mobile site from my I phone....

GunnerJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much for just the turbo? (if you are willing to part it out)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, man, why couldn't you be closer?

Eli

mattplumber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, Eli- not many IDIs around my area. As far as parting it out- the turbo isn't in my way- the massive engine taking up one of my heavy duty engine stands is and I've got cummins engines that need to go on stands. (Don't hate me). I'd take $500 for the whole turbo kit plus shipping but I'm sure it'll be a big heavy box I.E. $$$. And I'll just throw the engine away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online