1992 F350 crewcab 4x4, 7.3

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
I still have my 92 crew cab 4x4 for sale if anyone might be interested.
It has 249,000 in the clock. The 7.3 runs great, E4OD shifts firm, no sign of slipping. I dont know if the engine or trans has ever been rebuilt, I've had the truck for a year now. I bought it origanally for my wife to drive, then bought a Astro AWD minivan, because of another baby. I put new fenders on the truck along with new front brakes, rotors and pads. Newer tires (285's) and painted the truck Ford red. I would like to get $3,500 for the truck, but will entertain offers. There is rust over the rear wheel wells, nothing fender flares wouldn't hide. Also the front tank is shot. holes where the straps are. Pass rear door wont open, the linkage inside is gummed up.

SOLD

Attachments

• DSCN0048.JPG
    DSCN0048.JPG
    671.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN0052.JPG
    DSCN0052.JPG
    607.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0049.JPG
    DSCN0049.JPG
    604.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN0058.JPG
    DSCN0058.JPG
    681.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0059.JPG
    DSCN0059.JPG
    614.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I still lived in Michigan, Ive been wanting a crewcab for some time now. Ill have to give my cousin a call and see if he knows anyone who would be interested.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Hey Pipeliner, I have seen this truck on Craigslist, looks like a nice truck for the money.

You should advertise it in the Auto-RV Magazine, in MI, Ohio, and Indiana. It cost you about $80.00 for all 3 states. That is where I have the most success in sellig a nice Diesel truck. Good Luck!

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I've never tried auto rv before. I'm gonna let it ride on cl for a little while longer. If it doesnt go by Christmas, I'll probably try auto rv. Thanks Darrin.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $3500 I think you shouldn't have much trouble. If it was a manual I'd be on a bus plane or train to Michigan by now.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
that is a nice ride and a good price, i paid well more than that for my crew.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
Most people see 249,000 miles and shy away.:dunno

I guess most dont understand a good old idi.

Well, I have to admit, that is one thing I consider. While the IDI may be good for many more (which I don't fully agree with because there are many that have rebuilt them before 249,000), the rest of the parts on the truck wear just as with a gasser. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, or say the truck isn't worth your asking price as I feel it is, but imagine what it would be worth with 70,000 or 80,000 miles!

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well, I have to admit, that is one thing I consider. While the IDI may be good for many more (which I don't fully agree with because there are many that have rebuilt them before 249,000), the rest of the parts on the truck wear just as with a gasser. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, or say the truck isn't worth your asking price as I feel it is, but imagine what it would be worth with 70,000 or 80,000 miles!

Yes he could get 20k or more!:D

Pipeliner_86

IDI up high
Reaction score

Your right about that, I'm not crazy about a rig with a 1/4 million miles on it either. Like you said, the rest of the chassie has the wear and tear even if the engine is good to go.
I had a guy come down from Port Huron last weekend who "had to have" a crewcab diesel. After a test drive he decided it wasn't for him. I asked what he didn't like about it. His reply was "it just didn't seem to have enough power, it wasn't very fast" he says. He told me his buddy has a powerchoke that "kick ass", and I didn't doubt him. But I explained that a stock idi isnt gonna run like a powerstroke. The fuel isnt turned up in this engine at all, and I tried to explain the best I could that idi is a bit cheaper to maintain then the powerstrokes, and if he wanted to turn it up, he could without dropping $500 bucks for a "power chip". He wasn't gonna change his mind, and thats o.k. someone will eventually come along thats wants the truck I have for sale, and appreciates it just the way it is. Oh wellcookoo

NCheek

Howdy
Reaction score
It's not going to be a easy fight trying to sell a mechanical diesel to someone who is used to "plug-and-play" trucks. You'll find someone who appreciates her and will give her a good home.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
at least he gave you some honest feedback, i get tired of the "how about if i come back with $$$ amount will you be around tomorrow" and i never hear from them again.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a guy come down from Port Huron last weekend who "had to have" a crewcab diesel. After a test drive he decided it wasn't for him. I asked what he didn't like about it. His reply was "it just didn't seem to have enough power, it wasn't very fast" he says. He told me his buddy has a powerchoke that "kick ass", and I didn't doubt him. But I explained that a stock idi isnt gonna run like a powerstroke. The fuel isnt turned up in this engine at all, and I tried to explain the best I could that idi is a bit cheaper to maintain then the powerstrokes, and if he wanted to turn it up, he could without dropping $500 bucks for a "power chip". He wasn't gonna change his mind, and thats o.k. someone will eventually come along thats wants the truck I have for sale, and appreciates it just the way it is. Oh wellcookoo

Agreed. I love the power of my Dad's powerstroke, but it has too many problems. I want to run vegoil as well, and you can't beat a good old IDI for doing that. You'll find someone for it sooner or later, at least your price is in line.

Last weekend I looked at a 1992 CC 4x4 standard. 200k on the clock, said 30k on a Jasper engine which cost around 7k installed. Wanted 7k for the truck. I went to just see what it was. It had a pretty beat up body, transmission wasn't smooth, ground into second gear. He had used it hauling equipment (from little forklifts to full sized backhoes) all its life, not an easy existence in and out of 4x4 on jobsites and all that. Basically it was old used up work truck with a sort of new engine, and he wouldn't come below $5k, I passed.

Edit, sorry. Don't want to hijack your thread. Nice truck, the higher mileage is reflected in the price. Hope you sell it soon. ;Sweet

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will trade for a 1992+ suburban 4x4 with 3rd row seating

too bad this ad wasnt posted 5 months ago.i had the suburban you are looking for.was a beautiful truck.i gave it away for 1000.00 just to get rid of it.i would have swapped with you in a heartbeat.