1990 Interior Color Codes???

smokinporsche

Diesel Fan
Reaction score
I need to find a source for the interior color codes for 1990 ford truck (red) Can anyone tell me where to start? I contacted the Ford no help stealerships and they only have the interior color codes back to 2000 models. Any help with this would be great, :hail getting new seats and need the color code. Thanks!

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On most vehicles there is a metal tag on the radiator core support or the firewall that has the paint code information on them.

1990 Ford F series Light Truck red interior paint code is "D", Proper name is "scarlet", PPG code is "72914"

Info is from the PPG color chart, page 4 for 1990 Ford truck.

smokinporsche

Diesel Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the color codes, I was looking for the interior trim code, not so much the exterior color paint code, I already have that one. Thanks for the quick reply! ;Sweet

smokinporsche

Diesel Fan
Reaction score
Running like you said she would! ;Sweet I have waxed her, fixed her broken hip, given her new tires and wheels, have a banks sidewinder on the way, new injectors, new fluids and new leather seats coming! I will post picture soon! Thanks for the help and a good truck!:Thumbs Up

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Running like you said she would! ;Sweet I have waxed her, fixed her broken hip, given her new tires and wheels, have a banks sidewinder on the way, new injectors, new fluids and new leather seats coming! I will post picture soon! Thanks for the help and a good truck!:Thumbs Up

You got yourself a great truck there. Congradulations and welcome to the site. Glad Mike hooked you up. And as he said, the interior color is "scarlet". The only thing you have to be carefull of, is they used that name for red interiors thru more than one generation, but the color is not necessarily the same.
Why the switch to new leather seats?

Tom

smokinporsche

Diesel Fan
Reaction score
You got yourself a great truck there. Congradulations and welcome to the site. Glad Mike hooked you up. And as he said, the interior color is "scarlet". The only thing you have to be carefull of, is they used that name for red interiors thru more than one generation, but the color is not necessarily the same.
Why the switch to new leather seats?

Tom

Tom,

I just love the smell, feel and the way leather forms to you over time. Plus with cloth no stains when you sweat.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

SWEET...... Welcome.....Glad you made it to this board which is IMHO the best place for info on the IDI truck. Tons of knowledge here to get you through any problem that may arise.

Sounds like things are going well for you and you are pleased with it. Can't wait to see pics of her when you get done spucing her up. Hope she serves you as well as she did me, if it was a crew cab I would'nt have sold her for many more years.

BTW out of sheer curiosity, are you keeping the 3.08 gears in it or did you swap the original 4.10s back in.

smokinporsche

Diesel Fan
Reaction score
SWEET...... Welcome.....Glad you made it to this board which is IMHO the best place for info on the IDI truck. Tons of knowledge here to get you through any problem that may arise.

Sounds like things are going well for you and you are pleased with it. Can't wait to see pics of her when you get done spucing her up. Hope she serves you as well as she did me, if it was a crew cab I would'nt have sold her for many more years.

BTW out of sheer curiosity, are you keeping the 3.08 gears in it or did you swap the original 4.10s back in.

It all depends on how much the Banks turbo gives me in torque, if it helps they will stay if not I will put the 410's in, I did try pulling a large trailer I have and you were right 308 is not the great :eek:

Hope everything is going good for you. Thanks again for giving me a great resource for the IDI ;Sweet