1985 Ford 4x4 Diesel Extended Cab for sale in Michigan: originally a southern truck

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it I spun a rob bearing in Ford. I would much rather see this truck go to someone who knows what it is rather than sell it to someone who just wants a cheap truck to beat up and let get all rusty. Its a 1985 Ford F-250 4x4 extended cab.

Here is what the truck has:
6.9 Liter, non turbo (spun a rod bearing)
C-6 automatic (recently rebuilt), inline spin-on tranny filter
part-time 2 speed transfer case
2 new CarQuest marine grade batteries, 850 cca
8 new Bosch glow plugs
chrome tranny pan with drain plug and filter (not installed)
new tranny lines
new brake pads/shoes/rear wheel cylinders
good tires
really heavy duty hitch
new starter motor
new alternator
new belts

We used this truck to haul 2 diesel Landcruisers back from Canada, and also drove it to Albuquerque and back. Other than the rod bearing everything else on the truck would take you across the country many times. Fix the engine and this is one great IDI.

I really don't want to see someone turn it into a rusty plow truck since the body is so clean and it had really served me well but I no longer need such a big truck.

I would like to get $1500 out of it because of all the new parts, but I would take less if I know its going to be fixed up rather than beat on.

I would trade for an old tractor, 3/4 wheeler with reverse and shaft drive.

You can e-mail me: [email protected]

Thank for all the help to everyone on this forum when I was getting this truck ready to go across the country. So if you are on this forum and would like a good truck make me an offer I would rather take a bit less money and see the truck get restored than get $1500 and and see it get destroyed. For Michigan is a pretty rare site to see a clean 1985 Ford.

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I attached some, here's a 2nd try. Also the fuel pump is a Carrier Pump, I forgot most people here know what that is. Also I added up all the parts I have into it and I've got about $960 in it. So I'm pretty much giving the truck away with a bunch of new parts. When I first bought it there was no rust in the door area at all, now some surface rust is developing. Michigan salt is rough. But as you can see in the pictures the underside of the cab and bed still has paint and hardly any surface rust even underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_8133.jpg
    IMG_8133.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8140.jpg
    IMG_8140.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8143.jpg
    IMG_8143.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8134.jpg
    IMG_8134.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 19

cleithau

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am open to offers and trades on other types of 3/4 wheelers. A good deer rifle and other stuff? Make me an offer. Things with engines? I went out today and the rust in the corners of the cab wasn't there when there bearings went out. So anyways I would like to see someone use it, since its not getting any better sitting in my field. Let me know what your offer is I'm not gonna be offended.

dakotajeep

Patrolling
Reaction score
Dude, pretty sure that the body looks fairly beat. Not trying to offend you but you have to be honest.

I still think you might be high on the price for what you have. But someone might give you what you want.

Thad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online