$18,000 Invested??!!

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone wasted a lot of money on that, if they truly have that much in it. I think it would look a 100 times better if they just painted it one solid color, even a better looking set of wheels would help it. Nothing looks very spectacular about it to be demanding such a price for it. Looks like a $1,500 truck to me.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I just noticed too that he bills it as a "2006" because that's when the rebuild was done...cookoo I guess since I just had mine repainted this year; I'm now driving a 2009?!! :thumbsup:

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet the 18k includes all the drugs he was on while he told them how he wanted it. that coke and **** gets expensive.

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I just noticed too that he bills it as a "2006" because that's when the rebuild was done...cookoo I guess since I just had mine repainted this year; I'm now driving a 2009?!! :thumbsup:

That's awesome , I just did the same thing, therefore mine must be a 2009 model as well. I guess anytime you udpate an old truck you move the model year up. I am putting a new trans in mine too so mine will be a mid 2009 now. Sweet ! :thumbsup:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
so is there a formula if the parts are older then the truck but a better upgrade? EX: replaced E4OD with 4 speed from 80's era truck...? :dunnocookoo and does damaging it subtract years? hmmmm.

-Jon :rotflmao

91f2504x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is there a formula if the parts are older then the truck but a better upgrade? EX: replaced E4OD with 4 speed from 80's era truck...? :dunnocookoo and does damaging it subtract years? hmmmm.

-Jon :rotflmao

Well it depends on what year the swap was done, if you do it right then it makes the truck brand new all over again (Oh and by right, I mean crazy half-assed) . Better yet, just call whatever used parts you put in the truck brand new and tell everyone that if you ever sell it,<----- this is a favorite of people on ebay. I called a guy about a truck a while back that was listed on ebay as having a brand new engine and transmission, when I asked him what company he bought these brand new parts from, he told me they came from a junk yard.

Last edited:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Love that new custom paint.... with the chips and cracks all over it. AC don't work , and look he went first cabin with those" glow shift gauges" :rotflmao
At least nobody seems to have been suckerd in yet. 1 day left and no bids. Looks like he'll have trouble recovering that dope money

Sheesh, With all the new stuff on mine,; I guess I have a 2009 now too LOL

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I know the guy has a screw (or in this case possibly entire frame) loose but. If he did have the engine machine work he has listed done, and the super singles, and paint, and everything, I could see that adding up real quick to 18,000. Yes it could be done much cheaper, and with more tact, but I don't doubt the money he says he has in it.

I just wonder what the deal is. He built it the way he wanted it and now expects someone else to pay for his mods. I know I wouldn't do it the way he did it, but I cant fault him for effort, ingenuity, and following his own lead.

punk

If he did do all that he claims to have done, then at least he did it right from start to finish, albeit in a way no one else would (or would want ).