16 CM housing on the way, got a ? or 3

Whit

Reaction score
Good job Tim, you will love it when you tow, egt will be lot less, find that damn oil leak dude :backoff

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I think it's coming from the P-pump or back up in between it and the block, somewhere high for sure. It's making a freakin' mess :puke:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
I love this truck too much to give it up. Plus it's paid for and I don't look forward to payments ever again. But it's been one oil leak to the next with this thing. I fix one and another pops up, so I usually let it drip a while, since as soon as I fix it there'll be another drippin' from somewhere else.

We did pull with it yesterday, a short trip to the mountains. We pulled the neighbors 4 horse stock trailer with 4 horses and tack aboard for a trail ride. It pulled this trailer like it pulls our 2 horse GN. I'm happy for a little while... :rock:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Well, after a few towing runs, I'm not terribly impressed with the egt changes. I was hoping for at least a 100 deg change with the 16 housing and an additional 50 with the BHAF, but I'm thinking I'm getting around 50 total. I was looking at HTT's website and they have HX-40/35 hybrid compressor and wheels for 200 bones. Anybody tried this? I know, I know I'm cheap and on a budget with the truck, but I wanna live fer today and have a little fun with it. Having to baby the go pedal up the hills just isn't fun enough.

Whit

Reaction score
About 50* reduction is what I got too Tim, The addition of the ramair is what keeps me in it, The hybrid compressor would be a good deal fer ya.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
TPC
Humm... The previous owner of my truck said he put on the 16cm housing and a 4 inch exhaust and it did about the same as what your saying, he took them back off and shipped them back to where ever he got them. I mentioned on another site and they said he did not set it up correctly but would not explain to me how to set up correctly... hummm... I think I'm gonna scratch the 16 housing off my Christmas list after hearing you say basically the same thing P.O. said.... I'll put my money towards something else...

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
yeah, I guess I don't understand the "not setup correctly" part. It's a bolt on part with no adjustments. Well I've got some other things on it to take care of first, then we'll look at compressors. Thanks for the help. :hail

Whit

Reaction score
Tim, the adjustment needed would be stacks, bring er up here and some beer too, we will stack it up good..............oh and you will need a taller garage too :D

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Hey you know I love the stacks. Lisa's not crazy about 'em, but likes the looks of the shorter ones, around cab ht. Our problem is hauling the horses, I fear they'd end up with the black lungue. I really like the sound of the 5" exh., but 4" would be nice too. It has 4" from where the kitty was back, which I didn't put on, the previous owner must have, but it sounds stock or even quieter.
Hey I've rec'd tons of compliments on the bumper and we love it. I have found that in Whitmore science, steel=wood :Thumbs Up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online