16 CM housing on the way, got a ? or 3

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Piers has'em on sale this month and they're the ported version too! :hail
Finally something on sale I really want AND I have a some extra pocket change/lint to afford it!
Anyways, this is a non-waste gated housing, so what do I hook up my AFC boost line to?
Also, I'm assuming no moving parts means no break-in period, or tell me if I'm wrong.
I'm not thinking there are any gaskets I need to replace, but if there is, what do I need?
For the replacement, I'm thinking just take the hole turbo off, pull the bolts that go around between the housing/compressor, pry apart, put on new housing, reinstall and :peelout anything else?

(Brown hasn't shown up 'yet', so I have nothing to look at)

nevrenufhp

torque ******
Reaction score
You pretty much got it. My AFC is plumbed into the intake, there should be a spot to put it. The only problem you may have is with the exhaust, there's about a 1 to 1.5" difference in where the down pipe hooks up. You have to slide the whole system forward. I had to take the exh. off the mount that goes on the trans crossmember. Soooooo, it's a good time to get an aftermarket exh. system at the same time, as long as it comes with the mounts that are on the U-clamps(like Summit & Jegs).

Whit

Reaction score
Tim, leave the turbo mounted to the exhaust manifold, this makes it easy and holds it still for ya, simple to change and no gasket needed either. No break in period required, dont expect to feel anything on the seat meter as you will only see a diff in your egt while towing, you may also loose some of the quick spoolup but it is worth it, the day b4 ya start on it squirt it down good with some penitrating oil and on the new housing make sure to use anti-sieze on the bolts too...........................damn I didnt think that new bumper was gonna cause ya to hafta bomb the truck though :thumbsup:

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm not too worried about excelleration, I can deal with that with a little plate slideage if needed. Temp reduction is my main concearn. Ifn' I didn't have so many projects lined up for the summer I'd probably get a new manifold to go with it. It sounds like I may have to get out my cat replacement pipe stretcher to make it happen. I've got some leftover pipe, if I need to ad an inch or two. The 'ol rasberry tip makes quick adjustment for the hangers too.
Lisa's reaction to the bumper was that it looked heavy and will slow us down, so she said to make more power. :love: :love:

exh. manifold, turbo (or two :Sly ) injectors, water/**** and I'll stop after that I promise :angel:

ndurbin

Reaction score
I had a 16 cm housing awhile back but never put it on, so I sold it. It came with new gaskets for the oil return line and between the housing and manifold.

Nathan

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
cool thanks, I may give PDR a call today to verify they are sending them with it. I have a possible road trip this coming weekend with the trailer and I'd be happy if I could have it on by then.

Kev, we may be passing through your way this coming weekend. We've got a horse we need to trade up in Lovell or we're gonna haul him to an auction in FC next week where he'll likely end up in a wood chipper. I'll let ya know when the boss decides. :rolleyes:

Whit

Reaction score
Sounds good Tim, I think we are almost done with our plant overhaul, did 21 hrs yesturday, boss sent me home to play on the puter with my friends :thumbsup:

94matt

Reaction score
Tim thanks for the heads up on the sale, ordered me one up today ;Sweet .

Let me know what to expect on the install would ya?

Matt

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
It's sitting on my bench collecting dust bunny's till maybe this Sundee I'll get a few hours off. My boss is a freakin slave driver! -Playme

Whit

Reaction score
TPCDrafting said:
It's sitting on my bench collecting dust bunny's till maybe this Sundee I'll get a few hours off. My boss is a freakin slave driver! -Playme

Need me to come down there Tim :confused: I think the Lovely Lisa would give ya the whole day off if I were there :thumbsup: ya know the ol buddie thing :D

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
Tell her a few more of your stories and she's like buttah. If it were a bolt up thing I'd had it done, but I want some time to jerk with the exhaust and plug up all the stuff that won't be used anymore.
I just put together 14 sheets of steel shop drawings for a new Walgreens here from scratch in about 40 hours and my brain is tuh-hoast. :idiot:
Is Liz a CAD master "yet"? :Sly

Whit

Reaction score
No cad master YET but she is a YET master STILL, Tim, she just got honered as on-line college student of the year..................damn girl is tooo smart. ;Sweet

TPCDrafting

Structural Steel
Reaction score
OK, the 16 cm housing is IN. I had to completely remove the turbo to seperate the two pieces. Not a big deal once it was out to pry them apart. Once I had it all back in and together, the exhaust was only missing by about 5/8". So I climbed under and started figuring out what I needed. Turns out I had plenty of slop behind that first thick freakin' hanger at the transfer case. I tried heating it with propane (my oxy/cet. tanks are empty) no go with that, I tried several things till I saw my big 'ol pipe wrench hanging on the wall. So with that and lots of friendly persuasion I bent that hanger enough to get it to hook back up. I took it for a quick test drive and found that there isn't much sop change as Kevin stated. There is slightly more lag off the line, but temps don't climb quite as fast and it cools down quicker than before. I'm looking forward to towing. Now I've got an oil leak to track down that I've had for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online