10.25 Sterling axle nut tool - $12.99

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Just came back from Checker/ O'Reilly auto parts, they have the spindle nut wrench on sale for $12.99, part number 648476. They usually want $26, napa wants $55.

What a great time for my truck to lose an axle seal.

Rollin Coal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't it just like an 1.25" socket? Did mine the other day...truck doesn't mark it's territory anymore but at least I can park in the driveway.

rckslash2010

Reaction score
:frustrate:frustrate

I paid $49.95 just a month or two ago.-cuss

Ya me too, I bought one that your suppose to turn around and use on the front. Well, it doesn't fit the dana 60, it's to small. So now I have to go out and buy one for the front before I do any work on it.:flipa

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Isn't it just like an 1.25" socket? Did mine the other day...truck doesn't mark it's territory anymore but at least I can park in the driveway.

On the Sterling it is a 4 prong with an inner spindle shaft. A standard socket won't do anything.

Attachments

• Powerbuilt Sterling axle wrench 648476.JPG
    Powerbuilt Sterling axle wrench 648476.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
On the Sterling it is a 4 prong with an inner spindle shaft. A standard socket won't do anything.

Exactly, and given the torque procedure , doing it with out the proper tool is asking for problems, not to mention the axle seal you might of just replaced leaking due to play in the bearings.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
My old seals didn't mark the driveway, they just coated some nice brake pads with grease. Now I am replacing shoes and seals, maybe the bearings. At $32 each I don't want to ruin these seals.