093 turbo ww2 moose junior

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Up date us on the wicked wheel. I'm looking to eat one also. About the up pipe. I got mine from Banks and it worked almost perfect. I had to put a dent in one spot and added a bracket to the engine to stabilize it. I also wrapped it with exhaust header fiberglass tape.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up date us on the wicked wheel. I'm looking to eat one also. About the up pipe. I got mine from Banks and it worked almost perfect. I had to put a dent in one spot and added a bracket to the engine to stabilize it. I also wrapped it with exhaust header fiberglass tape.

you mean down pipe?
all of the up pipes ive seen are cast iron, for the IDI neways

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the wicked wheel man! If you have the 093 turbo I would defeniatally get it. I bought mine from dieselsite.com I believe. It's worth the 200 bucks. There is no turbo lag at all.

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked into up pipes still but I think the factory ones are fine. I'm tired of working on my truck for now. You'll see Friday I got the pan off it right now because the gasket was leaking all over my exhuast :mad:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at the union of the 2 exhaust pipes, connected to the turbo.
theres a slip fit. go under the passenger side and inspect pipe for black soot.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im glad it is working for you. My only thoughts are on powerstrokes I have heard of people who put wicked wheels on with impacts and unknown to them put hairline cracks in the turbo shaft...which eventually led to a sheared shaft. Just something to be careful of. I am not trying to steal your thunder and just want to prevent anyone from a bad day.

FastestIdIinthe707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I have heard of that too but I like to live dangerously. I didn't hold the turbo I would just take it from a dead stop and hit the impact once or twice. It's too hard to hold without using an impact

reset2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you mean down pipe?
all of the up pipes ive seen are cast iron, for the IDI neways

You got me there. I mean the down pipe (turbo exit gases). Anyway still a good investment. If you ever have a chance to compair with the factory squeezed pipe.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had hear that with wicked wheels they didn't even need torqueing because they self tightened. just get em hand tight and fire it up. anyone tried this or know anything on it. I figured you guys may know better than me whose guessing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online