User Programmable E4OD Computer

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
I just installed a Baumann TCS Programmable Trans computer in my 91 E4OD:thumbsup: . Trans had very slippy 1-2 shift and was always "hunting for TC lockup". I had the trans rebuilt but it changed nothing. I even swapped out the OEM computer with another OEM, no change. The new Baumann TCS, even with the "startup” program, fixed it immediately . I'm sooo friggin stoked. Everything, tire size, diff ratio, speedo gear teeth count is adjustable. Torque Converter can be set to lockup even down to 2nd gear, and you can program WHAT SPEED you want trans to upshift or downshift in EACH GEAR. You can also adjust “line pressure” if you want and know what you’re doing, but Baumann doesn’t recommend messing with it. You hook up a laptop computer to the new computer and can watch the readings change AS YOU DRIVE. The display shows speed, current gear, TC locked or not, FIPL voltage, trans temp. TC will not lock until trans temp reaches 100 deg. Also, you can flip a switch on the steering wheel cruise control and use the CC buttons to shift it MANUALLY, click, click, click. Also, you can flip a switch and it'll go into your TOW Program. Right now, I’m driving around town at 35 MPH/1200RPM/4th-gear/TC-locked and diff gears @ 4.10(oh, and the engine is a 91 7.3 IDI diesel-these TCS work on gas engines as well). This Baumann TCS is FRIGGIN AWESOME. And at $500.00+/- it's worth every penny to me. Has anyone else heard of these? Good or bad results over the long run. OkieGringo

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OkieGringo said:
Also, you can flip a switch on the steering wheel cruise control and use the CC buttons to shift it MANUALLY, click, click, click.

ooooooooooooh i like that idea!!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja

Wow, you sure seem to be cranked about that there unit. D'you have to have a laptop to be able to setup the thing?

I've recently picked up a '93 cc with the E4OD, and the truck is exactly what I've wanted, but all the stuff I've heard about the tranny has got me pretty anxious, so I'm definately watchin' this thread...

Probably won't be runnin' till this spring, but I'm startin' to get a bit excited.

Zigg :)

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
Yes, I'm VERY "cranked Up" about this Baumann computer. This is the FIRST time in the 4+ years I've owned the truck that it works right. Hell, it's BETTER than right. The E4POS is no longer a POS, it's AWESOME. I can hardly believe it is the same transmission. A definate NIGHT and DAY difference. The engine likes it too;Sweet . No more revving the hell out of it to get the trans to shift, just idling around town at 1200 RPM rather than 2000 RPM. I'm hoping that this will equate out to better mileage. It is not the E4OD that is a POS, it's that POS OEM computer. Yes, you'll need a laptop to "load" the startup program and to watch the readings AS YOU FREAKIN DRIVE, soooo:thumbsup: . These Baumann TCS units are available for many electronic trannys in cars and trucks. If you buy one, I'll help you with the setup if you need it. I can even send you my program and you can use it or fine tune it to fit your tire size and diff rear ratios. I'd really like a trans expert to check these TCSs and hear what he has to say. Richter69, where are you? Go to :hail www.becontrols.com to read all about it. :D OkieGringo

F350camper

BOOST!
Reaction score
that sounds like a gread mod. Really cool that you can adj the pressure. I would think that with a turbo, lots of power, and towing a big load setting it to higher pressure would = less slippage and less trans heat.

OkieGringo

OkieGringo aka Baja
Reaction score
F350camper said:
that sounds like a gread mod. Really cool that you can adj the pressure. I would think that with a turbo, lots of power, and towing a big load setting it to higher pressure would = less slippage and less trans heat.

Yes, you could have a higher line pressure in the #2 program along with higher RPM shift points to compensate for the additional load. Then just switch it back to "Town" with the flip of a toggle. I'm tellin ya, this TCS is Freakin' AWESOME. If you tow a 5er, drop it at the campground, flip toggle and go see the sites:thumbsup: . OG

Magoo

Blind Brain Surgeon
Reaction score
Jeez Okie. Im gettin a little excited. Are we talkin bout a woman or computer. :D Anyway I went and looked at the site. It is cheaper than the man trans conversion. All I want is better mileage and a reliable trans. I sure like not shifting too. I am assuming to utilize the cc buttons the cruise would no longer function? And could you post the mileage changes as you get them? Thanks Magoo

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
Looks like an awsome setup. I got a Banks Transcommand cheep so I'll try that and if its no dice there I'll be shopping for one like your's.

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okie,

How is this doing after alomst a year? I am looking into getting one for my truck.
How hard to install etc.
How hard to tune? how does it do pulling?

thanks
Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel