who here runs stacks?

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
I got 2 4" pieces of stainless pipe that are each 4" tall and am going to put them right behind the cab, my question is who runs them now? and where do i find the "y" pipe. i alreadt have the hypermax turbo so i got a 3" down pipe i could tie into. :Sly

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
I've got 2 rigs with stacks, but unfortunately, I can't help with your dilema. One a sngle 6", on a Gen1, and the other is dual 4's, on a straight 6 Chevy w/ split headers.

Whit

Reaction score
NAPA can get you a "Y", get the one that has the divider plate in it to make both stacks get the same amount of smoke :thumbsup:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
are you wanting a y-pipe to run duals all the way back or do you want a T for your stacks because most run a single pipe back then split them either in the bed or under the bed I welded 2 90's together to make mine and my brothers T's a lot cheaper then the $100 they wanted for a 4" T where at in ohio are you I'm just north of columbus

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
are you wanting a y-pipe to run duals all the way back or do you want a T for your stacks because most run a single pipe back then split them either in the bed or under the bed I welded 2 90's together to make mine and my brothers T's a lot cheaper then the $100 they wanted for a 4" T where at in ohio are you I'm just north of columbus

right now im just looking for ideas i figure i can split the single pipe in the bed. i've got a tool box that im going to move back to clear the pipes. i live about 1hr due west of you around bellefontaine,or north west on st rt 33. so im not that far from you. ;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We just did this on EZ's truck yesterday. Took the high dollar route and used parts from the Peterbuilt parts counter. Took less than 3 hours, done at a leisurely pace. Probably would take 3 hours to weld up you own stuff if you want to go that route. Time is money. But if your like me, you can usually find the time.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
It only took me about 20 minutes to cut the elbows and weld them back up it don't take all that long to weld the stuff up just more time spent lining stuff up I welded a lot of joints so I wouldn't have to buy so many clamps but the SS band clamps are the way to go if ya have the money for them

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
It only took me about 20 minutes to cut the elbows and weld them back up it don't take all that long to weld the stuff up just more time spent lining stuff up I welded a lot of joints so I wouldn't have to buy so many clamps but the SS band clamps are the way to go if ya have the money for them heres a pic of my brothers setup I made for him

Attachments

• stacks7.JPG
    stacks7.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 29

Exekiel69

Reaction score
I just posted some pics from the stacks on the post I started about stacks. Mel knows wath he's doing there. :hail

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
Greenbeast6.9 said:
right now im just looking for ideas i figure i can split the single pipe in the bed. i've got a tool box that im going to move back to clear the pipes. i live about 1hr due west of you around bellefontaine,or north west on st rt 33. so im not that far from you. ;Sweet

The cheapest way to "Y" the pipes in the bed is weld a box together out of flat steel or what ever you have on hand and cut three holes in it. Don't let anybody fool you about the flow from it it will work just like a Y pipe. I would have done it when i did mine but i never thought about it. On mine i just had the muffler shop cut a hole in the horizontal piece and weld the vertical piece to it makeing a homemade T pipe. It works good too but the T is hard to get right they ended up putting extra weld on it since the joint wasnt perfect. That is why i would recommend the box junction.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Diezel_Cowboy said:
The cheapest way to "Y" the pipes in the bed is weld a box together out of flat steel or what ever you have on hand and cut three holes in it. Don't let anybody fool you about the flow from it it will work just like a Y pipe. I would have done it when i did mine but i never thought about it. On mine i just had the muffler shop cut a hole in the horizontal piece and weld the vertical piece to it makeing a homemade T pipe. It works good too but the T is hard to get right they ended up putting extra weld on it since the joint wasnt perfect. That is why i would recommend the box junction.

and if you make the tube bigger than the pipes you get a nice Growl.Just get a piece of Square box tube,weld the ends up,2 C cannels under it,one in and 2 out holes,ready to go.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin