wipers don't park?

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
the "new" rig i got the wipers were working on all speeds, now they stopped parking and only work on high. i know exactly what wire is the issue on a scout or IH pickup, but the ferds have a few extra wires. what am i missing here that's causing this problem? :confused:

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
the "new" rig i got the wipers were working on all speeds, now they stopped parking and only work on high. i know exactly what wire is the issue on a scout or IH pickup, but the ferds have a few extra wires. what am i missing here that's causing this problem? :confused:

You're missing the part that it's not actually a Scout. :backoff :D :rotflmao

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
does it have intermittent wipers? if so then there is a box that is connected to the wiper switch if you unplug it from the switch and take the cover off you will see a electronic board, checked for broken or corroded solder connections and repair with a solder gun as neccessary, be careful not to get the board to hot

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
prolly a bad wiper motor. Theres an internal park switch that usually goes bad. There should be a wire thats dark blue/orange that has power on high speed. Red wire should have power anytime the key is on.

I need to pull a diagram up, i cant remember anythign else

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
if you turn it left it was intermittent, now it does nothing. i'll have to trace some wires. to see where i have power.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
intermittent control box, there is a tech article on it I believe but its pretty much self explanatory

Just do the control box repair, dont **** with the wires , it isnt the problem, also you can remove the box and just plg the harness into the switch.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK there is a wicky or whatever you call it in the tech section I did some time ago on the intermittent box.

That being said, there is also a small plastic cover on the gear box of the wiper motor. carefully lift it off and look under there, the contacts for the park are under that and work off that. I had a similar problem that I thought was the intermittent box so I documented that repair.

Turns out that once I pulled the cover of the wiper motor gear box, that there is a disc attached to the main gear that rotates and makes contact with old point type ign contacts on the plastic cover. My disc fell off the gear completely it was so worn out. I replace the whole wiper motor and it has worked flawlessly since....

Just sayin it's likely the contacts in the gear box that recognize the park location is all

JM2CW

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the wiper-motor the same for intermittent wipers as it is for plain old two-speeds ??

Reason I ask is because the plain old two-speed wiper-motor on my 1985 is ridiculously simple to over-haul once the rivets are ground off so that the motor cover can be removed.

I replaced the ground-off rivets with machine-screws/nuts of the same diameter.

My self-done re-work of the wiper-motor has out-lived the first go-round and I did not replace any parts, brushes, or anything; I just cleaned and lubed everything in there and put dis-located things back to rights, without spending nary a cent. :)

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
When I did Mine, the magnets that are glued to the case had let go. Years of water infiltration from a faulty cowel seal had degraded the glue to the point that the magnets were just slopping around.