My 2nd New All Alluminum Radiator

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Here it is. i think this one will work just fine. i like the tranny cooler lines on this one better than the champion rad.;Sweet
It had styrofoam around the top and bottom of it.

Attachments

• Photo0394.jpg
    Photo0394.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Photo0395.jpg
    Photo0395.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo0396.jpg
    Photo0396.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 18

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Where did you find this one... Be careful around that black plug in the bottom tank. Thats a not needed bypass from the heater core return line. All it supposedly did was warm upthe auto tran equipted trucks on cold mornings.

wmoguy

Reaction score
dats purty

FWIW I noticed the trans cooler fittings on my Champion radiator were ***** from shipping as well. I've had mine sitting around for a month or so now so I doubt I have any recourse for exchange + I need it now. I'll just fix their shipping mess myself. I'd agree Champion needs some help in the packaging dept though

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
dats purty

FWIW I noticed the trans cooler fittings on my Champion radiator were ***** from shipping as well. I've had mine sitting around for a month or so now so I doubt I have any recourse for exchange + I need it now. I'll just fix their shipping mess myself. I'd agree Champion needs some help in the packaging dept though

now i know i am not the only one. well you know first hand what type of fittings they used on the champ rad. i really did not care for that style to begin with and once i saw the fittings on my new sila rad they look like the factory fitting and seem much stronger.

I emaild the pics of my bad champ rad to a guy at champion but have not heard back from him yet. i got it from the ebay store and it says ebay buyer protection so at the very least ebay should give me my money back right?

wmoguy

Reaction score
now i know i am not the only one. well you know first hand what type of fittings they used on the champ rad. i really did not care for that style to begin with and once i saw the fittings on my new sila rad they look like the factory fitting and seem much stronger.

I emaild the pics of my bad champ rad to a guy at champion but have not heard back from him yet. i got it from the ebay store and it says ebay buyer protection so at the very least ebay should give me my money back right?

read Champions return policy on your purchase for the answer to that.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
They shipped it and the packing issue is their fault. The way its actually handled inshipping is beyond their control but... If its packaged faulty they must stand behind their mistake. You should not have to pay return shipping but if thats what you need to do to get your money back just do it. I know its not fair because they made mistakes but you have not paid twice for shipping... Its just return shipping. Teach them a lesson... Wrap it carefully in Renolds aluminum wrap just like you would a turkey..... See how they like that...:sly
My comment about the black plug in the bottom of the radiator tank is this... If you have a line going to this port just remove it. They are not needed. The factory brass fitting in the oem tanks is drilled to around 1/8 inch so its throttled down a lot. Also the brass fitting in the passenger head has a flow restricter init also.... Now for the bad news on the top fitting.... I bought the last one Ford had anywhere. They no longer supply these restricted fitting... Did we need it or does anyone elsek now there is a flow restricter in said fitting.... Nope....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... The fitting I'm refering to is the brass fitting in the passenger side head at the front. This is the heater core supply line from the heads. Just follow the hothose from the head to the heater core. The cold return side that enters the top of the water pump in factory form had a Tee in it to the bottom radiator tank. Thats usually a 1/2 inch line off the heater return line and that bottom brass fitting is drilled out to around 1/8 inch. Very little coolant was allowed to flow thru this bypass line...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online