found somthin while takin my trans out

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
i was unhookin plugs on my trans when i noticed a little box that says INTERCEPTOR electronic modulator. ive never seen one before or heard of the name does any one know what it is or what it does?

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
yep thats what it looks like but its alittle warped it looks like it may have touched the exhaust at one point!

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
from what ive read it delays the convertor lockup! but isnt keeping a convertor from locking up bad for the trans??

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it didn't look like this?

You must be registered for see images attach

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
lmao i wish!!! good one Mel. maybe my truck is a special interceptor idi from a movie that wasnt released

trapper

Boom Boom
Reaction score
if im not mistaking it is a control box that is used on police interceptors that plays with the trans shifting when they step on the oh **** linkage lol

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
well the exhaust melted it so im taking it totaly off when i put the new trans in!

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a a plug & play shift kit, basically. You don't want it anywhere near your E4OD.....

Its an easier way to play with shift firmness without having to drop the pan and properly recalibrate the torque converter. Unfortunately, simply jacking up the line pressure often causes as much problems as its supposed to solve. Valves that are already prone to wearing out prematurely and snagging in their bores are subjected to even more stress (side loading is a killer on some of them). The older orignal converter clutch piston can't handle the extra pressure either and can crack. Even without line pressure mods they can be prone to crack.

Over all it was just a bad idea by the aftermarket industry for people to play with their tranny's without having to get dirty. Usually they aren't cheap either.

ManicMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what ive read it delays the convertor lockup! but isnt keeping a convertor from locking up bad for the trans??

Which adds unneeded extra heat. Yea, i'd take it off and toss it up on Ebay. Don't put it on the new trans though.

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
well the trans in the truck is blown! im putting in another one. and ive never heard of the brand so i would have takin it out anyways but its melted so its goin regardless. i was going to get a kit from transgo or B&M

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow sounds like you found the problem but too late man
ya anything to add on is not too good is most cases (chips for the tranny) but a few work ok but best thing is internal work

benton

Country boy
Reaction score
yep and it may have been the reason every time it rained my truck would blow a fuse and i would lose my odometer and the trans would shift hard as hell!