'94 7.3L IDI-Turbo Build

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, havent really done much yet but I have some plans for the truck and I wanna be able to document it. Im sure ya'll have seen better and it wont be anything special but Im gonna put it out there. Hope ya'll like it! :-drink

When I first got it. Had already relocated the stock exhaust and taken the muffler off... Cutting wheel always makes things better :D Hated those blue wheels though!
You must be registered for see images attach

Front end is a little smashed up but nothing a JY bumper and hood wont fix.

PO replaced the driver side door and luckily used the same color. I think Im going to bed line the truck from the white down and pull all the rubber trim, but Im going to leave the badges. Painted the wheels with the hammered wheel spray paint from walmart.. Came out awesome! Much better then expected.

Better front pic, the hood is popped not broken.

Passenger side is damn near perfect, kinda gonna hate sanding down the paint for the bed liner.

Rear end looks pretty good, tail gate is a little beat up and the bumper is bent but nothing bad, Ill run it like this until everything else I want is done.

Turbo Diesel badge

Interior is in pretty good shape, hate the cupholders though

The blue is growing on me, still not my favorite though

Pretty clean diesel, replaced manifold gaskets and return lines. Runs great but PS is out. Should be replacing soon

Turbo Diesel again

International sticker

Well thats pretty much it for now. Hope you like it! I know I do!

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, hey if you don't like those cupholders, I would LOVE to take that piece off your hands for ya! I have captains chairs right now and want to replace the plastic center console with that exact console you have, but I've had no luck finding one. Guess I'm going to have to build a custom center console out of wood. Idk why, but I just love the old oak style consoles in these trucks. Nice looking truck, super clean, I'm very jealous of that turbo!

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, hey if you don't like those cupholders, I would LOVE to take that piece off your hands for ya! I have captains chairs right now and want to replace the plastic center console with that exact console you have, but I've had no luck finding one. Guess I'm going to have to build a custom center console out of wood. Idk why, but I just love the old oak style consoles in these trucks. Nice looking truck, super clean, I'm very jealous of that turbo!

What does your center console look like? And this one is kind of beat. Its been broken and epoxied back together.

My9373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is the low plastic console, the one with just a flip open top and two cupholders. Super simple and super useless (to me at least).

My only question is I don't know if the "20" of the 40/20/40 seats will fit between captains chairs or not Idk if they're wider or not. Maybe if I just put the arm rests up it will fit...

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ohhh, so yours doesnt have a seat? Sorry man, i need the seat, already used it a bunch. Ill just have to customize the cupholders so they hold more than just a coffee mug.

On a side note, I replaced the power steering pump today and now it steers like brand new! Thank god too cause that thing was really bothering me.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
You think you hate filling your truck down there, you should try a fill up up here. That same fillup....30.129 gallons would cost me $159.36 ith our price of just about $5.30 per US gallon!!

Nice truck though, I am in the process of getting my new truck home and buying the 7.3 IDIT from BigRigTech.

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you hate filling your truck down there, you should try a fill up up here. That same fillup....30.129 gallons would cost me $159.36 ith our price of just about $5.30 per US gallon!!

Nice truck though, I am in the process of getting my new truck home and buying the 7.3 IDIT from BigRigTech.

Well Id just hate to fill it even more up there! Lol. Thanks for the compliment and good luck with your truck. Feel free to send any ideas this way!

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok heres an idea, change the power steering fluid in a couple weeks. The old pump had to contaminate the system.

Oh nice truck, and I pack 50 gallons so you can both quit whining,LOL

Militaryman445

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok heres an idea, change the power steering fluid in a couple weeks. The old pump had to contaminate the system.

Oh nice truck, and I pack 50 gallons so you can both quit whining,LOL

Haha, I bet that is a ***** to fill! And I already decided I was going to do that because as soon as I cycled the steering it changed colors LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seven4eight

Members online